• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Social anxiety after coming back from the club...

HinesMCR

Greenlighter
Hey guys,

The reason for this post is for the past 2 months iv been experiencing what I believe to be severe social anxiety when i come back from a club with all my friends to the afterparty and end up going completley introvert and not saying a word for hours and my voice also goes really quiet and croaky, it gets much worse when I smoke alot of cannabis aswell. I literally feel like I have nothing to say then all I can think about is the fact I have nothing to say then my mind is completley preoccupied thinking this I cant even start conversations :/

Its really ruining my nights out and I hardly get to see my friends as it is so I really need to find the answer to my problem.

Background information about myself:
I am 19years old, I have been using MDMA for around 3 years nearly.. I hit it quite hard at first and i took 1g most weekends for nearly a year and a half along with other substances. I have cut it down to once a month now though and have been taking 5htp to try and sort my seartonin levels out. I literally have 1 pill when im out and when i get back i slowly go quieter and quieter.... its driving me mad!

Any information or ideas would be appreciated

I think you should avoid using cannabis and mdma for about a year or so.

not likely but a possibilty, i have only experienced my voice getting croaky and really quiet on mephedrone. also weed can cause severe anxiety and weed+md can mix together crazy sometimes. while on md smoking weed will differ on effects when smoking while rolling compared to smoking on the comedown. smoking on comedown is common to cause instint short-term memory loss, trippyness and anxiety and etc. for some. sometimes its not also just the drugs over thinking things in your head can mess you up sometimes and create anxiety and such.

It could be that the weed is causing you to be introverted. Weed has a way of making everyone have a greater tendency to exclude themselves from social interaction either through inducing anxiety or through simple distraction. I know for myself it's almost not conducive to any social behavior unless I want to force it because it makes me too into my own thoughts to pay attention. Then I fall behind and unless someone addresses me I don't feel like I'm in the convocation.

Or it could be that you need an extended break from rolling. Sometimes even if your not taking it too often you can still benefit greatly from a few months off.

I have a theory but it might be incorrect.

I also have some social anxiety but it is steadily improving as I am upping my dose of Lexapro.

In the past I have also been helped by Prozac.

As you know, both of these are SSRIs and increase your serotonin levels and the fact that they help with my social anxiety makes me believe that at least some of it is partially caused by decreased levels of serotonin.

As you probably also know MDMA can increase your serotonin levels in the brain in the short term but unless I am mistaken it can deplete them afterwards and otherwise mess with your levels of serotonin.

This could very likely be why you are getting social anxiety after doing all of the MDMA you have done.

Not to mention that EVERYONE knows how bad weed is for social anxiety and it was also bad for mine.

On the other hand, as you know 5HTP increases serotonin and that's why you are taking it.

My advice is to COMPLETELY stop using MDMA or anything that depletes your serotonin and stop smoking weed and also avoid most stimulants in general even including caffeine cause these can cause anxiety...maybe even cut down on nicotine too if you smoke cause it also can.

If the 5HTP ends up not being enough and your social anxiety gets worse I would see a psychiatrist and see if he recommends SSRIS or other drugs that increase serotonin.

Of course those come with side effects so maybe you'd rather stick with more natural serotonin drugs like 5HTPA but that alone might not be too much but MAKE SURE you find out what you can take from a doctor cause too many serotonin produces cause cause Serotonin syndrome.

If you want to have fun I suggest drinking or doing some non-serotonin related drug instead (not weed either).

Maybe this will help you but it's just a shot in the dark.

I don't think it's probably a blind guess though that the social anxiety is effected by serotonin depletion.

I have a theory but it might be incorrect.

I also have some social anxiety but it is steadily improving as I am upping my dose of Lexapro.

In the past I have also been helped by Prozac.

As you know, both of these are SSRIs and increase your serotonin levels and the fact that they help with my social anxiety makes me believe that at least some of it is partially caused by decreased levels of serotonin.

As you probably also know MDMA can increase your serotonin levels in the brain in the short term but unless I am mistaken it can deplete them afterwards and otherwise mess with your levels of serotonin.

This could very likely be why you are getting social anxiety after doing all of the MDMA you have done.

Not to mention that EVERYONE knows how bad weed is for social anxiety and it was also bad for mine.

On the other hand, as you know 5HTP increases serotonin and that's why you are taking it.

My advice is to COMPLETELY stop using MDMA or anything that depletes your serotonin and stop smoking weed and also avoid most stimulants in general even including caffeine cause these can cause anxiety...maybe even cut down on nicotine too if you smoke cause it also can.

If the 5HTP ends up not being enough and your social anxiety gets worse I would see a psychiatrist and see if he recommends SSRIS or other drugs that increase serotonin.

Of course those come with side effects so maybe you'd rather stick with more natural serotonin drugs like 5HTPA but that alone might not be too much but MAKE SURE you find out what you can take from a doctor cause too many serotonin produces cause cause Serotonin syndrome.

If you want to have fun I suggest drinking or doing some non-serotonin related drug instead (not weed either).

Maybe this will help you but it's just a shot in the dark.

I don't think it's probably a blind guess though that the social anxiety is effected by serotonin depletion.

I appreciate everyones answers and I myself think that it could be from hard I hit MDMA when I was younger. I do believe that the lack of seratonin on the brain after using MDMA plus smoking alot of import haze afterwards isnt the best idea but it is rather hard not to when for most of my friends the after session is the best part of the night.

Im going to have a long break from MDMA and smoking cannabis as Im currently going through a self improvement state of mind and believe cutting them out would result in my consciousness becoming alot clearer.

Im just really interested in the reason for my voice going extremely croaky, hoarse and very weak. Anyone know why this may happen?