• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recovery sobriety daily journal, quitting thc, nicotine and ethanol for a year.

Mysterie

Bluelight Crew
i'm struggling quite a bit with sobriety,

started about 2 days ago, from weed, alcohol, cigs, the holy trinity. i was hooked on those 3, for the past 12 years.

coming to terms with how much time there is in a day.

i'm going to go 1 year. i think i've realised that i'm okay with being pissed off at these drugs.

people say its me not the drugs, nah fuck these drugs, they can stay the fuck out of my system. yeah i am pissed.

positively, i've been walking more, so i think i'll start going to the pool and swimming every day.

and try focus a bit on eating 3 healthy meals a day that i prepare.

if its ok with the mods i wanted somewhere to share that journey and what i find helpful or not.

i'm struggling quite a bit with sobriety,
Same here. But you're just two days into sobriety from a bunch of drugs and a long time, it will take some time but for sure will get better as the days pass by and your brain works towards a new equilibrium.

it's going ok so far, i have had cravings to buy weed/tobacco/alcohol, but they don't last too long, and i try turn that energy towards exercise like walking or swimming.

i saw a dr yesterday and got a prescription for venlafaxine an SNRI. so i am taking that every day. so far so good.

i have bipolar 1 and i started taking sodium valproate and olanzapine for it every day about a week ago.

a big part of my sobriety journey this time is advocating for my mental health and trusting the western medical system to be intelligent.

i never took meds for my bipolar since i was diagnosed in 2013, because i was worried about the meds not being good for me. (my mum is very woo-woo, in a christian fundamentalist kind of way)

i'm enjoying my daily walks outside, i'm taking it slow and being easy on myself. i'm also finding eating regularly (3 times a day), kind of revolutionary, because i used to never eat regularly, too depressed.

After being skeptical of psych drugs for most of my life, I've come around to them. I only take Zoloft now, but I expect I'll be taking it for the rest of my life, and I've made peace with that. I think my drinking made them ineffective before.

I don't know much about the bipolar drugs. Did you tell your doc you are quitting the booze and smoke? Wellbutrin helped me when I was getting sober. If you can afford some talk therapy you should, certainly helps. With a Christian fundamentalist parent I'm sure you have plenty to talk about. Is your mom happy you are sobering up?

I used to eat so little I now wonder how I didn't die. After sobering up I got fat, I LOVE eating now. Everything tastes and smells so good.

Keep up the efforts and keep us updated.

Good luck!! Life is so so much better when we are present, drugs where fun, when I was young and they where Part of a Good time, then they became the only and Most important thing. Life got very small