• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos So tell me about klonopin...

Joey24x18

Bluelighter
I'm a drug addict, although I've managed to stay pretty damn clean lately. My last habit was an 8 month phenibut binge that resulted in what I believe to be PAWS. I've been off phenibut for almost 2 months and still feel lethargic and pretty damn anxious every day.

I recently ended up with klonopin, 5 2mg TEVA brand pills. I've dabbled with xanax before, which I usually use to abort bad trips or to cut down the paranoia I get from smoking herb. Never klonopin. I like to always start small with new substances, and I just cut a pill into fourths and took .5mg dissolved under my tounge. So let me ask you:

Is half a mg enough to feel? I usually only take half a mg to 1mg of xanax. I hear they're almost equivalent in potency.

Its only been 15 minuets, how long until the peak?

If I'm not happy with the effects and I redose, will it enhance the effects or just prolong them?

Thanks for any answers. Ive always been a GABA-B addict, and my benzo use is scarce. I just need some relief from my life, it's been pretty rough lately. I won't be using kpins more than once a week, phenibut taught me the hell that is GABA withdrawal.

It's good that you're being responsible enough to use the lowest amount possible, but if you've struggled with addiction and took large quantities of Xanax before, your body likely has a high tolerance for a drug so similar to Xanax it will probably tale you at least 1.5 milligrams to feel any kind of buzz/ relaxation. If you're worried about taking too much, just remember that as long as you are taking the medication as prescribed, you are not abusing it. From what I understood, your dose was 2mgs. I mean, if 1 or 1amd a half work for you, then by all means- there is nothing wrong with taking less. But I just don't think .5mg would cut it for you. If you want personal opinions on Klonopin, it is very helpful for me; the only down-side is that it takes longer to kick in (whereas Xanax kicks a panic attack's ass). However, Klonopin has a longer half-life, so the sedation/ high that you experience will last longer than Xanax buzz, although some find the Xanax buzz more intense.

Well you see, I didn't exactly get these from a doctor. Lol. My doctor only prescribes me SSRIs which I refuse to take.

I get terrible anxiety though, which is why I'm taking these to just give me tonight off from being so damn paranoid. I haven't abused xanax ever. I've taken it maybe 10 times in my entire life. Phenibut on the other hand I took daily for 8 months and went through hell getting off it. But phenibut hits gaba-b and benzos hit gaba-a so it's a different experience. I'm not sure if the pounding my gaba-b system took is effecting my benzo intake. But it's been over an hour and I feel only maybe slightly relaxed at best. So I may just pop another .5mg here in a minuet.

sedative_hypnotic pretty much summed it up perfectly - Clonazepam is similar to Xanax in terms of potency, but approximately 3 times as long lasting. It generally comes on a little slower and thus feels less "recreational". Basically, Xanax is the gold standard for panic attacks, whereas Klonopin is the gold standard for crippling generalized anxiety.

However, being on Clonazepam 24/7 is not sustainable as a treatment for GAD, as I learned the hard way.... so please, do yourself a favor and take that SSRI. You might also want to talk with your doctor about trying to keep down your Klonopin intake as much as possible by getting Gabapentin or better yet Pregabalin to handle your baseline anxiety, and keeping the Klonopin for periods of more intense anxiety.

Ill say this again, these came off the street. Not a doctor Lol if I could get my hands on a script I'd probably fuck my life up..

I ended up taking like 2Mg total last night and I'm still feeling it. Its nowhere near as hard hitting as xanax but i like the long duration.

Playing with fire Joey. After all you went through with the phenibut, you are messing with benzos now? The withdrawal from benzos is much longer lasting. Do what you need to do, but drugs aren't going to help you much right now, esp. benzos. It's going to take you longer to get back to normal, which you will, if you give it time. It's easy to go from once a week to every day. You really don't want to end up dependent on benzos. I would also stay far away form lyrica or gabapentin. After a certain amount of time, it's very hard to get off of those too. Have to taper it and it still sucks.

take 2mg to get a taste for the effects. you want to remember what happened but not get a tease and think "thats it"

Clonazepam has a slow to intermediate onset, and a long duration of action.

For future reference, if taken on an empty stomach, then under normal circumstances clonazepam has an onset of 30-90 minutes(though it can take longer) and a peak of 1.5-5 hours, mean 2-3.

With acute dosing, it is roughly equipotent w/ alprazolam, though of course it won't hit as "hard" as Xanax, becAuse of the slower onset. However, with chronic dosing it is typically 1.5-2x as potent, as it accumulates, due to it's long half-life.

I'm surprised people are saying to just take 2mg, clonazepam is a powerful, long acting benzo, and it tends to be love-or-hate with people.

I won't give dosing suggestions, but it's not at all ideal for "acute" anxiety, though it will certainly work, it will have a delayed effect, and you might need more than you would with an equivelant dose f a short or intermediate acting benzo like diazepam or alprazolam.

Just be careful, as you've already noticed, it lasts a long time, and if you take to much, it can effect you for up to 24 hours. And redosing should be done cautiously, it's often slow onset can fool you, I can't tell you how many times people hav taken a large dose to begin with, don't feel it right away, take more, by the time they do start to feel the first dose they take even more, and they end up passed out on the porch.

I think cutting them into 1/4ths(0.5mg) was the best idea, 0.25-0.5 is the "standard" dose unit for clono, in fact in benzo naive people it can be active at just 1/8th of a milligram(and indeed, they make 0.125mg wafers). Of course you don't have to take that low of a dose, but for reducing paranoia, even just 0.25-5 can be very effective, you just have to be willing to wait.

Anyway, be cautious, and respect them, and they could turn suprisingly useful.

And it's too bad there is nothing good for anxiety that isn't abusable, however clono can be taken long term if used responsibly.
(SSRI's being written for anxiety is like a joke, I mean apperantly it helps some people but...)

To the o.p., I understand the dilemma of the SSRIs; they just don't work on me either. I have tried so many of them, and I did "give them long enough to take effect" under the instruction of mu doctor). But they never did anything but make me more depressed, which is why I'm on a long-term, closely monitored treatment with benzos. It's a blessing and a curse, I guess.

take like 1mg to 1.5mg and drink one beer or two, but THATS IT and youll feel amazying.

Don't take it expecting a xanax like high. Clonazepam is VERY useful for anxiety and works for a LOOONGG time, but I've never really gotten a "high" per se from it. Although they are the same classes, they cause different affects, as alprazolam is much more immediate and intense (as I find all the -olams) and clonazopam still works fast, longer, and less intense (as I find the -opams).

diazepam is the only benzo i get any type of euphoria from ..i save those for special occasions
klonopin is right smack in the middle between alprazolam and diazepam
its hella good for anxiety but for rec use ehhhh get some diazepam