• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

So smoking weed is "bad" right?

the_farklenator

Bluelighter
So smoking weed is "bad" right? Then why is it I actually do stuff on it? Why do I actually help with the dishes at home and actually feel like doing school work? Does anyone else feel this way

what do you mean? bad in what way?

drugs affect people differently, it really doesn't matter what it is. smoking weed is bad in the regard that it can take your motivation, it can fuck up your lungs and it has other psychological effects. i don't consider the effects it can cause anything severe as the depression and anxiety it causes is quite mild in comparison to other drugs.

'do stuff on it'? what do you mean by that? a lot of people can do stuff on weed. it's weed. it's probably one of the more benign habits..

the rule of thumb is to never use drugs as functional substances. make sure you can do anything you choose sober before you try to do it high. drugs cause dependency in this manner.

To me, it gives me a rush of endorphins ( as it does to most everyone). And for me personally I feel like I lack endorphins in day to day life. Things seem boring, time goes by slowly, things that others enjoy I don't seem to enjoy, etc. So, things have more satisfaction while on drugs that increase endorphins (opiates, amphetamines, marijuana) and thus making things that would normally be uninteresting to you, a little more pleasant.

weed is one of those drugs that is mostly "bad" because of many of the habits that come along with it. Obviously some of the effects aren't pleasant- like always forgetting shit. But for some they find the uplifting effects it can have on mood and actually find it motivating. of course, this is the basic route that addiction takes. For whatever reason you might lack motivation to do something, but for whatever other reason smoking some weed gives you the drive to accomplish said task. Continue this cycle for years and when you don't have it it will feel like you can't do it at all, when before you just didn't feel like doing it.

IMO, cannabis isn't bad when used as recreation or obviously for those who have real medical needs. I see it the way many in our society views alcohol. My views don't really change for any drug with the understand that each drug is different and has it's own set of benefits and problems. I don't think it should be the government's job to say who can and can't consume whatever chemical it may be.. hopefully they might help restrict the wrong people getting their hands on them.. but really people should be able to choose to do what they want to with their body so long as they can answer the consequences.

You basically describes my whole substance use I don't really use things to get away from the world I use to enjoy things more

My only problem with that is people age 10-15 if I had readily any substance available I probably would have taken them earlier

Well that's just it, they were readily available when you were that age. It's just you didn't know who or where to get it from.

Sometimes I find it makes think things through better. Have a more positive outlook on life. Increased motivation and even (at the right doses) lessens anxiety.

I think the number of people who could benefit from medicinal use with the correct strain respectively, is grossly underestimated.

what is bad, really though on a fundamental level? one must define that first

just kidding haha