PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

So ive picked some shrooms today, first time. Newbie, advice please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inc3pti0n

Bluelighter
Ok i basically picked a bunch of them about 3 hours ago, just have them in a bag, not sure what to do with them, how the process works or anything.

Im not asking for methods if that isnt allowed but just advice on what to do, i dont want to try my own way not knowing and cause harm to myself.

Im from the UK, picked locally.

Basically these are them (just a picture from google) - www dot google.com/search?q=magic+mushrooms+uk&client=firefox-b-ab&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwimrLnI74PdAhWO16QKHVZvATgQ_AUICigB&biw=1280&bih=609#imgrc=cgPmmy1M_OdEMM:

Last edited:
Ok i basically picked a bunch of them about 3 hours ago, just have them in a bag, not sure what to do with them, how the process works or anything.

Im not asking for methods if that isnt allowed but just advice on what to do, i dont want to try my own way not knowing and cause harm to myself.

Im from the UK, picked locally.

It's a bit early for magic mushies in the UK innit? What exactly have you picked because surely they can't be Liberty caps?

It's a bit early for magic mushies in the UK innit? What exactly have you picked because surely they can't be Liberty caps?

Well they for sure look like them exact same when i looked on google. Can i send a pic here, i will PM you now.

Edit - yep sent you a PM

Actually, I've just realised that it's nearly the end of August - I was still thinking it was July (duh), so perhaps you have found some early risers. You can post a pic if you want, but we can't give a positive ID unfortunately.

But you need to get them out of that bag pronto otherwise they'll turn into a rotting mess. Separate them carefully, remove all bits of grass and soil, maggots and any manky looking ones then lay them out individually on a sheet of newspaper and leave them somewhere dry for a few days. Any remaining maggots will quickly evacuate the mushrooms and die on the paper. Once the caps have taken on a shrivelled appearance they should be ok to put in a sealed jar. They don't have to be totally dry, they may still feel slightly spongy depending upon humidity. Just keep checking the jar for any signs of mould or rot.

As for dose, if it's your first time just take 10 to get a feel for them - you won't trip but should feel different. My first dose was 30, which was quite fun, but my sweet spot was 80, and that produced some intense trips but everyone is different so go easy.

Take care and have fun.

unless youve been studying how to properly identify mushrooms DILLIGENTLY for AT LEAST a year, throw them in the trash, or visit one of the many mushroom i.d. groups on facebook.

this isnt a hobby for the half-assed, and you havent given any useful information to let me know you arent going to die.

"pretty much looks like these pics i found on the internet" is a streamlined path to liver failure.

Yep. What ^^^he said. Is it cheaper to buy shrooms or a liver? Hmmmm, well; shrooms are 10 bucks a gram on the DW and last time I looked livers were pretty darn pricey. So shrooms it is!
Just buy your shrooms from a reputable source and sell the other ones to that guy who keeps pissing you off at work.

Yeah, I agree with previous posters. Liberty Caps have At Least two "false friends" - different kinds of mushroons that look pretty much identical but are physically dangerous and toxic rather than psychoactive.

Yep. What ^^^he said. Is it cheaper to buy shrooms or a liver? Hmmmm, well; shrooms are 10 bucks a gram on the DW and last time I looked livers were pretty darn pricey. So shrooms it is!
Just buy your shrooms from a reputable source and sell the other ones to that guy who keeps pissing you off at work.

Im not into this stuff i just came across them and thought of making tea out of them one time but no idea how. Am i able to post a pic of the ones i have exactly on here ? Is it allowed ?

Yeah, I agree with previous posters. Liberty Caps have At Least two "false friends" - different kinds of mushroons that look pretty much identical but are physically dangerous and toxic rather than psychoactive.

Can you see weather my shrooms or toxic ones or legit, if i send you a pic via PM ?

Lol I just wanna know if what i have are legit or not, they sure seem to be by the looks of it as i know what they look like ish just not 100%. My liver is already fucked bro, too many opiates benzos over ten years.

Not in the UK we don't. There are no toxic species that look like Psilocybe semilanceata and grow in a grassland environment. The most common species to be picked by mistake are Paneolinus foenisecii (haymakers mushroom). These often arrive earlier than the liberty caps so are picked by impatient shroomers. Although, they are often classed as psychoactive in mushroom field guides, I don't think this has been proven (neither are they toxic). What are the "false friends" species that you refer to?

Last edited:
Not in the UK we don't. There are no toxic species that look like Psilocybe semilanceata and grow in a grassland environment. The most common species to be picked by mistake are Paneolinus foenisecii (haymakers mushroom). These often arrive earlier than the liberty caps so are picked by impatient shroomers. Although, they are often classed as psychoactive in mushroom field guides, I don't think this has been proven. What are the "false friends" species that you refer to?

You know what your talking about bro, i will be sending you that PM shortly.

Huh, alright then! I know here in scandinavia we've got a few different shroom species that look nearly identical to the liberty caps. I can't remember their names but I found that out when I was looking into picking my own shrooms as well. Gave that up p quick since I couldn't tell the different ones apart confidently enough lol

Obviously I can't speak for other countries but back in the pre internet days I scoured lots of reputable UK field guides for any toxic species that could be mistaken for P. semilanceata and could find none. There are several other non toxic species that look similar, but there are distinctive differences.

But my motto has always been "if in doubt, throw it out..."

Lol I just wanna know if what i have are legit or not, they sure seem to be by the looks of it as i know what they look like ish just not 100%. My liver is already fucked bro, too many opiates benzos over ten years.

We can't tell you for sure. if you're really set on trying these ones, go to the Shroomery, they specialize in mushroom ID. We don't do ID threads at Bluelight because we're not experts and a misidentification can be deadly. As such I'm going to close this. I urge you to either go hunting with an experienced mushroom identifier or at LEAST go to the Shroomery (another forum, google it) where there are experts. There are many mushrooms that are toxic, and will cause organ failure and death. It's not something to mess around with.

Not in the UK we don't. There are no toxic species that look like Psilocybe semilanceata and grow in a grassland environment. The most common species to be picked by mistake are Paneolinus foenisecii (haymakers mushroom). These often arrive earlier than the liberty caps so are picked by impatient shroomers. Although, they are often classed as psychoactive in mushroom field guides, I don't think this has been proven (neither are they toxic). What are the "false friends" species that you refer to?

To be fair, it just depends how diligent people are at identifying them. The closest lookalikes IMO are sp. panealous, sp. mycena and Protostropharia semiglobata, but you'd be amazing what people think passes for a liberty cap on shroomery; a lot of people posting white/yellow mushrooms or ink caps etc. Part of learning to hunt libs is learning to identify the lookalike species.

Op - you can't just find a photo on google and say "that's them". The sheer fact that you are posting here indicates a flawed method. Post some high quality(!!) photos of the wet mushrooms to the shroomery mushrooms hunting message board. We don't allow ID's at bluelight, but we can point you to shroomery.

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/postlist.php/Board/3

Status
Not open for further replies.