• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

So, I get this phone call....

Jnk

Bluelighter
Im working and my phone rings, I answer it as usual and a man with broken English says he has a report sent to him monthly pertaining to my monthly, LEGALY prescribed meds by my local Doc in chicago and that he can provide the same meds at a highly discounted rate. I proceeded to ask him "what Rx's does your report indicate to you that I am prescribed?" He proceeds to tell me the exact information, the meds, the daily dosage and how many a month I am prescribed by my licensed Doc and every tid bit of information is 100% accurate. Here In the states we have a thing called the HIPPA law which supposedly protects my privacy in regards to all my personal medical information, including who my DR is, my conditions, my medications, everything.
So for the hell of it, I place an order strictly for what I am legally prescribed, 13 days later a bubble mailer shows up in my mail box with my prescriptions in it.
So I anticipated being told when I called in for my refills "we already refilled your scripts via mail order" however, the docs office and pharmacy were none the wiser, they filled my scripts as they always do.
So my questions are
1. how in the world did my hippa rights get violated (everything here is computerized, when I get a script filled a report is sent to my docs office reporting what was filled and when it was picked up, right down to the hour in the day I picked it up, no such report was generated and my pharmacy and D's office is totally unaware of this call or scripts being filled)
2. HOW can this be happening? They call back offering much more prescription medication, Oxy, Dilaudid, percoset, adderall, none of which I am prescribed, I was told by this person they were sending me a sample pack of Oxycontin, Xanax, Soma and percoset and it would be here in 10 working days.
Has anyone else recieved this type of call and what is your take on this series of events?

The medications that arrived from the "1st order" were totally legit.... seems to good to be true. Has anyone else recieved this call? Or a call similar to it?

Thats fucking sketchy shit right there my guess is you got the meds illegally but fuck it keep em

This is too good to be true.

You're totally right about HIPPA, there's no way an outside pharmacy should be able to access your prescription history. Even the state prescription monitoring system is only visible to doctors.

Then on top of that, the fact that actual narcotics showed up at your house almost blew my mind... Did you pay for them? Insurance co-pay or retail?

I don't even know what to suggest...

Pharmacists can see the PMP too. In my state it tells me the drug, date dispensed, days supply, quantity, prescriber, and which pharmacy filled it. A shady place could totally use it in this way.

Pharmacists can see the PMP too. In my state it tells me the drug, date dispensed, days supply, quantity, prescriber, and which pharmacy filled it. A shady place could totally use it in this way.

Wow, really? So another pharmacy could look at lists of people on a certain medication and then access their information? Phone number is on that?

And even so.. why do it with narcotics? They're in such limited supply and under such tight scrutiny. Why not do it with a more obscure drug that has a better profit margin?

Not that I don't believe you, you're the authority, this is just so twilight zone.

No phone number. But name (including variations that other pharmacies used [Robert or Bob], birthday, and current and former addresses used. Also tells if it was cash, commercial, or government insurance.
Each state is a bit different though but many have much of this info.

I too find this very odd and disturbing, but considering the crack down on so called pill mills, maybe this is a new scheme? Could be some type of computer crime or something as well. Who knows but I would venture to say I would not be ordering regularly from them.

I had to sign an agreement with my Doc that I would only use one pharmacy, and if I wanted to change pharmacies I had to resign a whole new pain management contract with my Doc, state law to prevent pharmacy surfing. The particular pharmacy I used and have used for 10 years has a thing that when your Doc calls in your refills and they are ready for pick up, they text you and the text says " your prescription refill is ready for pickup " the number they text me at is the number this mystery pharma called me on. And, as a side note, this pharmacy was just sold out to a larger national pharmacy and after the switch over is when I got the call, I think maybe in the switch from the small "not as profitable pharmacy" to the national chain pharmacy, there was a security leak / breach.

Weird. Sounds like it could be a security failure for sure. I dont know. So many questions I doubt anybody can answer. What happens when you call back the number? Those are usually not lines that anybody uses, just for automated messaging but if it was a small pharmacy maybe someone knew.

KittyCat when I call back, they answer and it sounds like a very very busy call center....

And yes, this report is faxed to the prescribing dr's office, it contains his dea license # , a photo copy of my drivers license which they take every month when I pick up my script, my phone # , my DLN, my home address, RX's picked up for that month, supply, brand, dosage, quantity, he has shown me the report because of a mistake that was made by another pharmacy in town that I used like 10 or 12 years ago. The amount of info contained in the monthly report is disturbing, and is stored in a national CS (controlled substance Schedule II data base) All this for some shitty 10/325 norco's.

So, no shit, phone call #2 comes in, "Dr. Sebastain" with a heavy middle eastern accent says he thinks I should take adderall to be able to focus tasks at hand verse suffer from anxiety as well as replace the norco with oxycontin because it is not as damaging to my kidneys because there is no APAP. Says there will be another bubble mailer in my mail box with in 10 working days , containing samples and (this is a direct quote) everything will be ok and God Bless. He has my fkn name, address.... its like this monthly report was hacked, leaked... something. My mind has been racing trying to figure this out and the only thing I can think of, which is far fetched I know.... with Trump "building the wall" the cartels are setting up a new way to keep us hai via EMS and USPS... I mean, I dont know, I know that sounds crazy but think of the side effect of an effective smuggling shut down at the border. I DO NOT USE STREET DRUGS AND DO NOT KNOW ANY CARTEL MEMBERS, i get drug tested every 90 days to be able to get the Norco for my back, so, yes, it is fkn twilight zone shit for sure but I am not making this up. I dont need this kind of attention.

You should probably notify some authority. Doesnt have to be the police if you dont want but maybe your state medical or pharmacy board. I believe you are being truthful.

I will see if I can find any info on shit like this. First I've heard of it but all it would take is a criminal element to hire a doctor or pharmacist to access the PMP. They could target cash customs or heavy users or anything, set up a dummy pharmacy or simply get drugs their own way, and see if they could make a quick buck. Seems really dumb though. Something else must be up.

This stinks of an identity theft scheme to me. They have all your information and if I were you, I would be calling your bank and credit card companies to make sure no "surprises" are in the works. Like Monk said, if it sounds too good to be true, it is.

Where is the return address on the packages you've gotten from this mystery source? Sounds super fishy...

Somebody hacked into the system or someone at your Dr office is dirty and stealing your info. It's a scheme that was happening sometime ago with the Russians using waitress to scan debit and credit card numbers and they were getting paid like $20 per card. So they would scan as many as they could a night.

Its like the same kind of setup people are getting paid to steal info and pass it on to these guys who are calling you, or they are hacking in to databases and selling you stolen meds. I would not fuck with it anymore. It's just a matter of time before they call the wrong person. If the get busted u r on record man. You shouldn't even of posted it here. Think about it.

Calderone, junk and Man, when they called today, i acted like i wanted to place an order, they then opened up and told me what they were called and i played stupid and said oh, i thought this was Avon because you said it was health care samples and I am allergic to skin creams and such so i am putting your package back in the post as return to sender. He got very irritated and said ok mr jnk, you may do what you wish, i asked them to please not call me anymore for any reason and he said they would not and I have not heard a word. I put that bubble mailer back in the mail box with RTS on it, my door bell rings and its my postal carrier, who i hv known for years, he told me " you can write rts on this all you want, but im telling you, we dont return these, we throw them away, so you can throw it away or I can, makes no difference" I asked if I could could get a slip of paper stating that I requested it be returned and was told they dont do that either, he took the package and said it would not be inspected but thrown away....
phone hasnt rang once today. all my credit cards and bank account have been notified and no suspicious charges have shown up at all and they said if anything does show up out of my ordinary spending habbits, they will call me to confirm it is me, so seems like this is put to rest. ?? I hope... I PM'd with some one who gave me some information and I googled it and turns out, I am one of literally hundreds and hundreds of people this crazy fkn organization calls and does the same thing. I agree that yes, it is scary because my name is in their system, however the FBI said, call the DEA, the DEA said there is nothing they can, or will do about it and local authority acted like I was making the shit up. The lady at the SD actually said...."who sends that stuff in the mail for free, if it shows up again just throw it away, there is nothing we will do about it, if they have stolen your identity, simply file a report and fax that to your financial institutions" IF they do kick my door in, ill just say take me to the hospital for a blood / hair test, other than what I am legally prescribed, I am as clean as a whistle. There is no traffic at my home other than me and I have nothing to hide in my home, so they can come in and look all they want... I dont even have nudy mags... LOL . EVERYTHING on google said the same thing, mystery call wanting to fill RX, pushy, broken indian accent mystery package shows up, completely identical to almost all of my experience, I recently moved into this new place , which doesnt explain how they have ALL my info so there is someone on the inside dishing out and totally fucking my HIPPA rights, i did have my identity stolen in december of last year which is all pretty much fixed now.

Junk, you asked about the return address, there isnt one, its a little customs card in a foreign language I cant read.

Felonious, I didnt pay nothing for them...
I know there is a million sites offering mail order meds without an RX... I wouldnt do that for several reasons,
1, id be afraid they would max out my Credit card and or bank account, 2 I get drug tested by my docs office, 3 I wouldnt trust the meds and I have frankly read reviews about places like silk road that just take your $$ and never send you anything... besides, I see my doc every 90 days and he gives me what I need. If I want to catch a buzz ill grab a drink or 2 but dont even do that anymore because the thought of a DUI terrifies me and cabs cost way too much money and I frankly hate how alcohol tastes since I stopped drinking.
Jesus, I have become a really boring dude. I read threads on here about dudes driving to places in chicago that are like war zones to cop, yea, Id love to snort a nice line of good H but the fear of all the unknowns keep me away from the culture. A blessing I suppose.

Ill let you guys know if package #2 shows up like they said it would, since it seems authority could give 2 shits, I am going to open it and check it out for the fuk of it... its the most exciting thing in my life except watching the fkn grass grow around here. Honestly, I dont get it , i KNOW if I went to cop, id get busted, ripped off or sold some bunk so I just dont even entertain the idea as much as id like to get hai every now and then.
So, howz youz all doing? Hanging out and talking to you folks about this has been the most exciting shit all year.
PS - am I the only one who has to copy and paste my response, and log back in to post, this forum logs me out like, every 5 minutes ....

Last edited:
Hey there Jnk. Good for you in calling this place out and breaking ties with them. The fact that they got your info allegedly from the PMP but didn't make an entry on it with what meds they filled for you sort of speaks volumes to me. This means they are accessing it to pull a report on you but not making an entry probably due to the fact that they likely stolen or are using someone's log in info that they stole or are likely not supposed to have and them making an actual entry in the system would eventually alert whomever they got/likely stole the log in info from.

I must admit it would be hard for me to turn down free meds in the mail (unless you were paying for them) however who knows if what they were sending you is actually legit or pressed fent pills or something. It would have probably caught up with you in one way or another anyhow and at least you contacted the authorities so if it does come back to you in some negative way at least your ass is probably covered in that sense. I'm surprised they were so uninterested about it. I'd think potentially illegal trafficking of narcotics would warrant some interest.

Anyhow good for you for handling it and glad I/we can offer you something more worthwhile than watching the grass grow. ;)

Somebody at your pharmacy sold your info to these guys. Most of these guys out there are scammers. They do not have any controlled substances (especially opioids ) or they only have access to small amounts, they sell fakes or don't send you anything at all. They send you a small sample (which might be real stuff) and once they get you interested you place a big order and they keep your money and don't send you anything.

If that is the case, I don't think they could afford to fill the amount of meds I get a month for a one time shot at trying to get money from me. I would empty them out unless they are fake and then it would be plainly obvious.

I guess having a super rare disease(s) and having a Dr that normally treats cancer patients and many terminal people has it's benefits and it's downfalls. Downfall if you don't want to be hooked or on so much a buzz is impossible. Edit: pain relief ain't too great either.

Sucks to have some shady offshore company have your info. But there were lots of companies that made tons of money selling legit meds. Lots that took your money and never heard from again, too.

Last edited: