• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

So I Gave Myself Serotonin Syndrome...

Ahhh so you took more! I’m certain now you definitely did not have serotonin syndrome because if you did and you took more meth then you’d have been pushed right over the edge.

I've read that these "electric shock" symptoms could come from escitalopram withdrawal. Maybe the 40 minutes was long enough for her to withdraw? But that would be crazy.

@imagination.of.extremity how regularly do/did you take the escitalopram, and was there ever a period of very high tolerance?

@PrincessDiz Fascinating. Huh. I just can't believe a panic attack could do something that severe...and I felt so calm the whole time, like eerily calm...? Bizarre. Thanks for the insight!
Honestly panic/anxiety attacks can cause such crazy symptoms. I literally thought I was having a stroke. My heartbeat wasn’t even fast. The dr said it’s panic and gave me a benzo and it literally melted away. So so horrible!

I've read that these "electric shock" symptoms could come from escitalopram withdrawal. Maybe the 40 minutes was long enough for her to withdraw? But that would be crazy.

@imagination.of.extremity how regularly do/did you take the escitalopram, and was there ever a period of very high tolerance?

Not very regularly. First time I took it all week. Even at heaviest use it was 10 mg/day. If I was going to withdraw I would have thought it would happen earlier in the week...I've pretty much quit taking it altogether and just take Seroquel.

Honestly panic/anxiety attacks can cause such crazy symptoms. I literally thought I was having a stroke. My heartbeat wasn’t even fast. The dr said it’s panic and gave me a benzo and it literally melted away. So so horrible!

Wow that is wild! Maybe it was a panic attack after all! I can't believe it... <3

Not very regularly. First time I took it all week. Even at heaviest use it was 10 mg/day. If I was going to withdraw I would have thought it would happen earlier in the week...I've pretty much quit taking it altogether and just take Seroquel.
It's just a theory, but here's it:
You quit taking it, lowering your tolerance but evading withdrawal. by taking it again on accident much later you cause an instant desensitization again(tachyphylaxis), your tolerance goes up again, but your body has only a low amount(probably? how much did you take?) in the system, causing withdrawal to occur faster than it usually would (2-3 days I think?)

It's just a theory, but here's it:
You quit taking it, lowering your tolerance but evading withdrawal. by taking it again on accident much later you cause an instant desensitization again(tachyphylaxis), your tolerance goes up again, but your body has only a low amount(probably? how much did you take?) in the system, causing withdrawal to occur faster than it usually would (2-3 days I think?)
I love it when you say "tachyphylaxis" @December Flower .Just kiddin, I don't.👀😁
I heard about people cramping after abruptly quitting anti-depressants.
But 10mg of escitalopram thats just an ssri not a tricyclic or SNRI or whatchamacallit.

Maybe the "subject" just over-exhausted herself from doing to much meth and not hydrating/eating/sleeping well?

I don't want to be a "player-hater" but I read somewhere that smoking a bunch of meth everyday can actually have various side-effects.👀🤔

Im on ADHD-meds (Lisdexamphetamine) and I have to take 900-1800 mg of freakin magnesium a day to not jaw-clench and that also prevents other weird minor muscle spasm. I also take omegas, b-vitamines, zink, iodine & various supplements during the day.

Maybe Im delusional and overcompensating to get some "healthy" placebo-effect, but I believe and feel that it helps, Im fairly certain it helps to protect my nervous system/minimize spastic and uncomfortable side-effects like eye twitching and "stiff fingers/hands" and minor muscle spasms and so on. Uhm, because of my own experience.

If you ( @imagination.of.extremity ) have not yet incorporated high doses of magnesium in to your daily diet & you are planning to continue using/abusing various amounts of stimulants on a daily basis, please take the supplement in consideration. 🤔

Oh and sorry for calling you "Subject" @imagination.of.extremity.

Stay safe!