• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

So I bit the bullet and did learn the PGPs

SableTheFreakshow

Bluelighter
The old post that got locked cause it was asking for advice on avoiding learning pgp while being sure of onion links and may have been construed as a little close to asking for sourcing got a few people asking like how I even got into markets and made orders without PGP, while at least one of the major markets allows for some non PGP use, sellers on it are able to opt pgp only trades but yeah My older orders I await (I live in the middle of nowhere so shipping here takes minimum 2 weeks from most places) were from before I bothered to learn pgp as the guides on pgp are kinda terribad, the guides on pgp lack any real examples (least the ones I found) on the whole importing public keys properly and on the fact that you need to remove header junk from the public key before putting it to use.
Ended up using the aforementioned markets support system to get the basics of pgp down haha.

So yeah, the mainstream pgp guides seem aimed at people who are more built to work IT with how their brains work where I'm more the just show me examples of a thing working and I'll break it down and figure the steps out from there,
Kinda the reason why I hate video games that have tutorial missions (RDR2 is a great example, they locked horse changing behind the Hosea mission in chap 2, so I bypassed it with a stick of dynamite and the game punished me by having the Hosea mission and vanquishing my secondary horse as I had sorted a pair of far better horses than anything early game before even starting missions)...

But yeah I caved to the dark side and now have pgp -.-

Honestly unsure this is even the right subforum for this but whatev, rant done.

Word of advice. Anytime you are trying to learn a technical issue like this and are finding that tutorials are more targeted at people with a higher level of knowledge than yours, search 'for dummies' in the term.

PGP encryption, I've noticed like you say is poorly explained and hard to wrap your head around but there are really good basic YouTube videos of how it all works. I can't remember/find them right now on mobile but 'for dummies' or 'the absolute basics' are good terms to get noob friendly info.

All the best :)