Venting So frustrated need to vent

Prettyboy12

Bluelighter
I just need to vent...so long story short my dad found out I lied about where I was going in his car and basically said that if I dont like his rules that I can get the hell out.
Mind you I am 43yrs old. Ever since I came home from treatment I have felt isolated and like I was a prisoner. I said fine im moving back in with my friend (she still uses) because I have no where else to go.
So my mom and dad both have made me feel like complete shit for choosing to move out.
Im fucking stressed out living at my parents. I just cant take it anymore.
Thanks for letting me vent.

Glad you feel comfortable to vent. I'm gonna move this post to TDS as it's more suitable for there.

And I'm sorry you and your parents are fighting right now.

Don’t move back in with a user. Especially if you are clean And are trying to stay clean. You didn’t mention if you were sorry for assuming.
I would try to work it out with mom and dad. Can you bike? Or take the bus?

I just need to vent...so long story short my dad found out I lied about where I was going in his car and basically said that if I dont like his rules that I can get the hell out.
Mind you I am 43yrs old. Ever since I came home from treatment I have felt isolated and like I was a prisoner. I said fine im moving back in with my friend (she still uses) because I have no where else to go.
So my mom and dad both have made me feel like complete shit for choosing to move out.
Im fucking stressed out living at my parents. I just cant take it anymore.
Thanks for letting me vent.

I'm sorry you're going though that.

My parent (father left when I was young) isn't that strict, but there was a time when we were at the point of killing each other, I ended up doing something pretty much like what you described, I was in my early 20s at the time. Essentially I left home and left the state and ended up moving in with a friend, and then later boyfriend.

I'm sorry you're in this situation, it's real sucky. In my case it wound up being a good thing and I don't regret leaving, but I left the whole state so I would be cut off from drugs (actually I ended up doing exactly the same thing many years later in reverse when my heroin habit got out of hand there too).

In your case, I can't say I'm not concerned that you're moving in with someone who still uses. I mean you know, you gotta do what you gotta do. I just know I couldn't live with another heroin addict and not end up relapsing in no time.

Wish you luck though. <3

Feel free to vent anytime. :)

Don’t move back in with a user. Especially if you are clean And are trying to stay clean. You didn’t mention if you were sorry for assuming.
I would try to work it out with mom and dad. Can you bike? Or take the bus?
I am not clean anymore. I have been using off and on for about a month now.

I'm sorry you're going though that.

My parent (father left when I was young) isn't that strict, but there was a time when we were at the point of killing each other, I ended up doing something pretty much like what you described, I was in my early 20s at the time. Essentially I left home and left the state and ended up moving in with a friend, and then later boyfriend.

I'm sorry you're in this situation, it's real sucky. In my case it wound up being a good thing and I don't regret leaving, but I left the whole state so I would be cut off from drugs (actually I ended up doing exactly the same thing many years later in reverse when my heroin habit got out of hand there too).

In your case, I can't say I'm not concerned that you're moving in with someone who still uses. I mean you know, you gotta do what you gotta do. I just know I couldn't live with another heroin addict and not end up relapsing in no time.

Wish you luck though. <3

Feel free to vent anytime. :)
I actually have been using off and on for about a month now.

I actually have been using off and on for about a month now.

Assuming it's the same drug, then I suppose that's less of an issue.

Though in my experience when you spend a lot of time with another junkie (and presumably it's similar with other addictions, it's just my own experiences are with heroin), your addictions can start to feed into each other. The words you'd otherwise tell yourself in your own mind start getting spoken aloud to each other.

Things can sometimes get worse pretty fast.

Just concerned for you man. <3

I have to agree with Jess.
Especially if you're vulnerable right now, being upset and all about your current situation with your parents, and getting kicked out etc. Just something to be wary of.
Have you got many other people in your support network?

Assuming it's the same drug, then I suppose that's less of an issue.

Though in my experience when you spend a lot of time with another junkie (and presumably it's similar with other addictions, it's just my own experiences are with heroin), your addictions can start to feed into each other. The words you'd otherwise tell yourself in your own mind start getting spoken aloud to each other.

Things can sometimes get worse pretty fast.

Just concerned for you man. <3
We use the same drug. She uses more often than I do. I only use twice a day maybe three depending on my pain level. I am trying to stick to that. I do smoke meth every now and then.