• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc SNRI light use and suicidal feeling upon rapid withdrawal. What causes this?

Speed King

Bluelighter
I am a relatively safe user of all drugs. There is always room for improvement for me. From time to time ,I like to do research on new combinations for myself.
I take Vyvanse on a daily basis for attention deficit disorder. I only use my 70mg dose therapeutically. I recently discovered that a low 15mg - 30mg dose of duloxetine/Cymbalta really wakes me up. I think due too the snri properties, it enhances the Vyvanse somewhat.

Anyhow, I have tried this combo a few times with no noticeable negative effects.

Last night however, I wasn't seriously considering suicide at all, but all I could say was when the Cymbalta was wearing off, I experienced that type of feeling.
Is this normal?
I took some Klonopin, and the feelings subsided. I slept well and woke in a great state of mind.
I was a little depressed over things going on in life so maybe the Cymbalta enhanced those negative feelings.
The Vyvanse has been a total God send to me. It works very well with my system. I've been on it a while.
I think the 30mg dose might have been to high for my emotions at the time.
I can feel enhancement at 15mg.

Can anyone comment on this combination or speculate what the issue was?
Thank You.

Last edited:
I am curious what you think of as "suicidal thoughts?" It really is not something to say lightly and differs a lot from 'morbid thinking' along the lines of wishing one was dead or never born although never and plans throught up or actions to carry it out. Getting help at any stage is important as one leads into another easy..... This comes from someone who if I didn't have my dog in my lap I might have jumped out of a speeding car on a freeway as I impulsively felt that opening the door and leaving the car would relieve my near paralysis tension.... If I was not so clearheaded I probably would have done it without thinking. That is closer to suicidal thoughts vs. just acknowledgeding the fact suicide is possible. Acknowledging the possibility is different than planning or attempting the possibility.

So again with all that being said please clarify your, "suicidal thoughts," or possibly just morbid thinking. Either way you're important and these thoughts ar definitely an important concern I am glad to see you want help with overcoming.

edit: I'll add of course the rebound effects of the medication may have set off negative thought patterns, but that means its deeper than medication and engraved into your life development and experiences. Finding a therapist you can trust to help you delve into your psyche will be most usefull for you I bet.

I would see a doctor or medical professional, and tell them what happened, and be honest about all the drugs you took that you posted about or that you regularly take. Do not do anything rash or act on any of your suicidal thoughts. Good luck and stay safe.

I apologies, it was more along the lines of emotional morbid thinking, but not suicide. I do not know why I worded it like that.

I just felt weird, in a way that I was not used to. A while back, I was prescribed an amphetamine, benzodiazepine and ssri and it felt great.
This time I tried it more with an amphetamine and snri, with the benzodiazepine at the end. It was definitely out of the ordinary.

I did state in my original post that I wasn't seriously considering suicide.

I didn't intend to discredit your concerns as they are important, but just wanted to help you identify how far into the path of suicidal ideation you developed. Morbid thinking can be one easy step away.

That being said I am happy to hear it's not as serious as suicidal ideation, but I do hope you speak eith a doctor or anyone close to you for help with any proggression into morbid thinking. I wish you the best and feel free to pm me and q's and I will anser best and fast I can.

Thank you tacodude for offering up an invitation for any issues I am have. I also wish to thank the rest of you all for a quick response and showing concern for me.

I will seek consuming that is in addition to my psych doctor as to developing a deep coping method for dealing with upset feelings that push me to the point of self harm. I believe in medicine. That is one of the reasons I'm on this website.
I have learned within the past year about actually therapy. Both group settings and one on one.
For this self hitting issue, I believe in learning the proper way.

Much thank you's Bluelighters.