• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Snorting Xanax

Monkey101

Greenlighter
I had 1.5mg of .25 Xanax pills and kept them in my pocket, now they are all crushed it would be easier to snort them will this have a different effect and would it work the same?

Will work the same, thats alot of powder to put up your nose though.

I would not snort xanax. I believe it greatest bioavailability is oral.

Plus it doesn't directly effect the vta so it won't cause a rush.

DiTM --> bdd

You can't snort xanax. Not water soluble has no way of getting through to mucus membrane.

Vta? You mean ventral tegmental area. I dont think thats common knowledge.

Ventral tegmental area is a part of the brain widely activated by drugs of abuse. Dopamine receptors in this area may play a major role in the reward and euphhoria associated addictive drugs esp cocaine and meth . But vta sensitization is also tied to alcohol and nicotine

I think snorting it mainly causes you to feel the effects via the drip you get from the powder going down your nose and into your mouth eventually anyway

better off just eating them

^ Lmao

Snorting does work with benzos, even the non-water soluble ones, contrary to bluelight lore of them not working due to not being able to pass through the mucous membranes etc. I believe at the interface of powder-to-sinus(!?!?) something does indeed happen, and makes it absorb somewhat quicker, although just do this for me please, next time you get a 0.25mg football, weigh the whole entire football on a scale, id assume it weighs like 50-100mg or something, 2mg bars weigh like 2-400mg anyway just saying its like less then 1% active ingredient so really all youre doing is putting a bunch of bullshit up your nose