• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids snorting vs. eating tapering off opiates

DemonSeed

Bluelighter
Hey there, so I am tapering off my opiates habit because... well because it's ruining my life and I can't even get high no matter how much I take. I was in rehab for 4 months, I was then referred out of this 6 months therapy. It pissed me really hard because I did my best. A month ago, I was out of ressources and a week prior, I experienced total insomnia and day restlessness. I was scared so I went to the ER and stayed 5 days in the hospital. We decided for a rapid detox and they gave me 9 mg hydromorph am and pm, then 6 mg and 3 mg. I was used to snorting about 30-60 mg and I could do 100+ mg but it was a waste because I just got a little sedated. Now I never take hydromorph orally and I was surprised I slept well and I still didn't shit for many days. Now I am back where I was but I am doing this at home, I have 12 mg morning and evening. If I snort them, I get some relief, maybe for 6 hours... but if I swallow them, no I don't get high, but I am fine for 12 hours, I sleep well, just a little hot (and that's even if I break the time release). Basically, I am getting more out of my doses if I go oral, now I just have to surpass my sniffing addiction. I am wondering if since I never swallow them, my system isn't used to it and it works better? Anyway, if you are dealing with w/d and still sniffing or injecting to get better relief, I think it's much better if you just swallow it, especially if you never do so. I don't have any studies to back this of but in my experience, even with low doses, it's better. I am waiting for an appointment for a suboxone / methadone doctor. There is none in my city and it was very hard to find since opiates isn't a major issue in the eastern regions of Quebec. Sorry for the ranting part but I barely talk to anyone and never post anywhere so it feels good to do so.