• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Snorting Subutex

Kandy1234

Greenlighter
I have tried taking suboxone and subutex sublingually and my tolerance is pretty high. A full one of either does decent for me. I've been wanting to try Snorting subutex because the bioavailability is much higher. I have a piece of one of the 8mg Subutex pills...It's a fourth of a pill...which would be 2mg I guess. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with this since it's my first time. How much you should snort ect... since I can easily handle a whole one sublingually (and it's really not that strong for me at all) would it be ok to do 2mg snorting...and so on. Please give me some feedback if you have experience with sublingual vs snorting.

If you have a high tolerance, snorting 2mg shouldn't be a problem. If you have no tolerance, then usually .5-1mg is enough to do the trick when snorted.

Yeah...I have a high tolerance to taking them sublingually....one whole pill doesn't do all that much...but it will be my first time snorting it. Just wanted to make sure a fourth (2mg) would be safe

2 mg will be surprisingly strong because when the buprehorphine metabolite forms (which is a stronger opiate) it will wont be outcompeted for the receptors by the regular bupe, you will find it stronger than you think as a result

it won't be too strong for you though....do the whole 2

I also have another question. I have heard that if you snort a Suboxone pills that the naloxone in it will keep you from feeling much. Is this true or will it be stronger than doing it sublingually?

Naloxone doesn't absorb by nasal mucous membranes or in stomach if it drips to there.

No difference with drugs conrianing naloxene unless taken IV and even then the buprenorphine is stronger than naloxene.

Yeah.. ^ he is right. The naloxone in suboxone, is rendered useless when taken, especially in a low dose such as 2mg. And yes. That was my go-to ROA for bupe for a very long time, and I must say, even though it may not be the most healthy way to take bupe, it does work! Especially well at doses 1-2mg for me... any more was overkill, any less usually didn't last long enough for me, even though I did feel more of the nor-buprenorphine (full agonist opioid, in which bupe metabolizes into when taken in small enough doses, around 2mg or less) when taking microgram doses of bupe intranasal. I then switched to plugging bupe, which IMO is the all around BEST roa for it.. IV is 100% but is very bad to get into the habit of.. I know, I am there now, cant stop slamming it.. for the past 4 years I haven't switched back to plugging or sniffing.

Plugging I say is the all around best because its stronger than sublingual and sniffing IME/IMO and it is harmless.. sniffing can mess up your nose. IV can fuck up your entire life... Plugging is like somewhere in between the feeling of sniffing and IV bupe.. its perfect feeling and easy, but just a bit time consuming like IV is to prep then register, then bang.... But sniffing, I used to like before IV, because of how efficient it was for me.. and how much less I would need. Also it takes next to no time to crush the pill, and just sniff it real quick.. prepping for IV and plugging is time consuming some days.. then all the other stuff is as well that you do while partaking in those ROAs with bupe.. very time consuming, it does pay off though, just isn't entirely worth it, as again.. IV is really bad for you in general.

With bupe, DO NOT SNORT the pill hard up your nose, you must, with bupe at least, sniff very lightly, because you do not want a drip down the back of your throat with buprenorphine.. then you lightly rub your nostrils together and make it absorb into your nostrils and nasal capillaries/mucous membranes... hope this helps. good luck!

Snorting Bupe is extremely effective and you get much more out of your dose vs taking it sublingually.

2mg is actually my favorite and go to dose with bupe, that's when you get Norbupe into play, which is a full opioid agonist just like Morphine, Heroin, Methadone, etc.
Doses 2mg and under with Bupe will transit into Norbupe.

If 8mg SL doesn't get you Where you want to be, then 2mg snorted wouldn't blow you away, but you'll definitely feel it.. Esp since you'll get the Norbupe flowing.

snorting bupe is okay
if you have any tolerance to opiates you'll probably be rather underwhelmed
(unless you're one of the chosen few who get super rekt buprenorphine)

i'd say it makes it about twice as strong (so be careful) and you'll begin coming up in 10-15 mins
i was bored this morning and had some shit to do for mothers day so i snorted 3mgs
immediatly i had more energy and detected a little mood boost (subs are a great anti-depressant)
about three and a half hours later i noticed a gentle buzz; decided to snort another mg
sat back and started reading a book with a cider and immediately started nodding (if only slightly)
pleasantly surprised, but don't expect too much of it

Yeah.. ^ he is right. The naloxone in suboxone, is rendered useless when taken, especially in a low dose such as 2mg. And yes. That was my go-to ROA for bupe for a very long time, and I must say, even though it may not be the most healthy way to take bupe, it does work! Especially well at doses 1-2mg for me... any more was overkill, any less usually didn't last long enough for me, even though I did feel more of the nor-buprenorphine (full agonist opioid, in which bupe metabolizes into when taken in small enough doses, around 2mg or less) when taking microgram doses of bupe intranasal. I then switched to plugging bupe, which IMO is the all around BEST roa for it.. IV is 100% but is very bad to get into the habit of.. I know, I am there now, cant stop slamming it.. for the past 4 years I haven't switched back to plugging or sniffing.

Plugging I say is the all around best because its stronger than sublingual and sniffing IME/IMO and it is harmless.. sniffing can mess up your nose. IV can fuck up your entire life... Plugging is like somewhere in between the feeling of sniffing and IV bupe.. its perfect feeling and easy, but just a bit time consuming like IV is to prep then register, then bang.... But sniffing, I used to like before IV, because of how efficient it was for me.. and how much less I would need. Also it takes next to no time to crush the pill, and just sniff it real quick.. prepping for IV and plugging is time consuming some days.. then all the other stuff is as well that you do while partaking in those ROAs with bupe.. very time consuming, it does pay off though, just isn't entirely worth it, as again.. IV is really bad for you in general.

With bupe, DO NOT SNORT the pill hard up your nose, you must, with bupe at least, sniff very lightly, because you do not want a drip down the back of your throat with buprenorphine.. then you lightly rub your nostrils together and make it absorb into your nostrils and nasal capillaries/mucous membranes... hope this helps. good luck!
Question.

First let me say that this go round, I never became physically dependant on H or Suboxone. For a couple of months Id slam about .5 grams of H once a week. Trying to quit so I didnt become hooked, I got on the suboxone program.

Ive been taking subs for just under 3 weeks now, but only a couple times a week. I screwed up and started slamming 8 mlgs off the rip and the last two times I slammed 16 mlgs. I didnt realize the "less is more" philosophy of Subs until i started reading BL.

So I waited 3 days and last night I snorted 2 mlgs and I didnt feel anything. So when will I be able to feel the subs again?

I waited 7 days after my last shot of H before my first shot of Sub, and even then that first shot of sub was very underwhelming compared to how Ive felt in the past off of just normal sublingual use. Can my tolerance be that high already? Do I have to just stop taking subs for a long stretch before Ill feel anything again or will I eventually start to feel something if I snort 2 mlgs every 2-3 days?

Thanks for any help.

Hi, first time poster, long time reader... So, I get prescribed 20mg per day Buprenorphine (pure, no naloxone)... I pick up from the pharmacy once weekly when I’m given that day’s sublingually and the the rest of the week’s to take home (120mg)... I started snorting 6 months ago and find that I need at least 6-8mg to get decent effect... I tried the 2mg dose as mentioned in this thread to maximise the norbuprenorphine but to no avail, it barely feels like I’ve taken anything at all... I understand why that method should work but just wondering if I’m missing a trick somehow? My tolerance to the 6-8mg hasn’t decreased after daily use so I was pretty hopeful the 2mg method would work... It certainly would stretch my supply further 😉 I would appreciate any ideas... Thanks

IME you’ll need to get below 3 mg for a couple of weeks before you feel anything. It’s not like dropping your dose from 6 to 2 one day will produce effects.

As for ROA, it seems to me that sniffing is more than 2x sublingual. I recently shifted from 1.5 up the nose to 3 under the tongue and have been feeling very off. I think at smaller doses, it is easier for the smaller amount of powder to get absorbed and sniffing is about 3x as strong as sublingual.

Has anyone else found that snorting bupe really fucks with you sinus? I’ve crushed up Oxys for years and obviously coke with no issues, but when I sniff bupe I get completely bunged up the next day. Totally ruins the experience for me.

IME you’ll need to get below 3 mg for a couple of weeks before you feel anything. It’s not like dropping your dose from 6 to 2 one day will produce effects.

As for ROA, it seems to me that sniffing is more than 2x sublingual. I recently shifted from 1.5 up the nose to 3 under the tongue and have been feeling very off. I think at smaller doses, it is easier for the smaller amount of powder to get absorbed and sniffing is about 3x as strong as sub

As for ROA, it seems to me that sniffing is more than 2x sublingual. I recently shifted from 1.5 up the nose to 3 under the tongue and have been feeling very off. I think at smaller doses, it is easier for the smaller amount of powder to get absorbed and sniffing is about 3x as strong as sublingual.
Hey, thanks for the advice man, I really appreciate it 🙂 So just to clarify and explain my current dosing schedule, I normally divide my 20mg daily dose up into 3 or 4 intranasal doses (finely crushed and chopped with a spray of saline into each nostril before and around 15 mins after each dose... I also usually take at least one day off each week and maybe a day where I’ll just take 6-8mg the entire day... So for dropping to 3mg, should that be daily maximum or just each time I take a dose on the days when I use it? Thanks again...

Has anyone else found that snorting bupe really fucks with you sinus? I’ve crushed up Oxys for years and obviously coke with no issues, but when I sniff bupe I get completely bunged up the next day. Totally ruins the experience for me.
Yeah, it’s not the best for intranasal but the amount of the actual active ingredient in each pill is minute when compared with the list of mannitol, povidone, starch etc... I find using saline spray before and after each dose helps with this but also having a xylometazoline spray on hand to ease congestion too (sudafed, otrivine etc) They can of course cause rebound congestion if used too often so use sparingly...

Yeah, it’s not the best for intranasal but the amount of the actual active ingredient in each pill is minute when compared with the list of mannitol, povidone, starch etc... I find using saline spray before and after each dose helps with this but also having a xylometazoline spray on hand to ease congestion too (sudafed, otrivine etc) They can of course cause rebound congestion if used too often so use sparingly...
Thanks for that, I’ll try that. Just woke up with a completely blocked nose!

Wouldn't it be easier on the nose if you prepared it just like you would for shooting (just dissolving it in water then filtering through a cotton ball) then just spray that solution? Or would you loose a considerable amount with this preparation?
The French 8mg Subutex pills were huge, I can't imagine snorting a 500mg (guessing really) pill for 8 mg of Buprenorphine. If I decided to use it nasally, I would definitely preparing it as an IV then snort that.

2 mg will be surprisingly strong because when the buprehorphine metabolite forms (which is a stronger opiate) it will wont be outcompeted for the receptors by the regular bupe, you will find it stronger than you think as a result

it won't be too strong for you though....do the whole 2
Love the CII