• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Snorting Oxys...long term effects in the nose or body of snorting anything?

Rxoxo

Bluelighter
I’ve been snorting Oxys for about a year now.
Lately (past 3 months) my nose has been SO stuffy and my ear kind of aches. I’m wondering if anyone has experienced any long term side effects, specifically, from snorting a substance.
Please tell me about your experience, what you did, how long, what happened....

I’m worried my nose is going to be fucked. If it isn’t already.

Your sinuses are inflamed. My sinuses are permenatly fucked up, but due to multiple reasons, aside from drugs. I never had terrible sinus problems from oxys, but I know several people with deviated septum and damaged sinus cavity from snorting larger pills like Vicodin that contain Tylenol. My worst problems start from many years of snorting all kinds of shit and I mean ALL kinds of shit. Snorting molly ketamine and meth are the ones that have done the damage that is noticeable.

Use moderation and caution. Your sinuses are very difficult to repair once theyre fucked.

Why would u snort Oxy?? It has a much higher BA taken orally and it will last longer too. The BA is that high taking it orally it has a similar effect compared to injecting it!

Your sinuses are inflamed. My sinuses are permenatly fucked up, but due to multiple reasons, aside from drugs. I never had terrible sinus problems from oxys, but I know several people with deviated septum and damaged sinus cavity from snorting larger pills like Vicodin that contain Tylenol. My worst problems start from many years of snorting all kinds of shit and I mean ALL kinds of shit. Snorting molly ketamine and meth are the ones that have done the damage that is noticeable.

Use moderation and caution. Your sinuses are very difficult to repair once theyre fucked.

So with my nose being stuffy... you thinks that’s inflammation? Rather than a bunch of pill residue clogging my sinuses? I could blow my nose for an hour straight and not much comes out. I was starting to wonder if the powder had cemented inside my nose.... hahahahaha.
Is there anything you can do to keep your nose in good shape (other than completely stopping)? Neti pot rinses maybe?

Why would u snort Oxy?? It has a much higher BA taken orally and it will last longer too. The BA is that high taking it orally it has a similar effect compared to injecting it!
I used to always eat them, but I started snorting because of the quick rush you get. Also i hate waking up groggy the next morning after eating them, because like you said, it does last longer when taken orally.. Lol. I don’t get high during the daytime, only at night. 😬

Is there anything you can do to keep your nose in good shape (other than completely stopping)? Neti pot rinses maybe?

Take a break, for sure.

I get some relief from decongestants when I find myself at that point, just watch the ingredients for possible interactions.

Hot showers help a bit.

Never used a neti pot, but some people swear by them. Just make sure to sterilize it and only use fresh distilled water, or you're just asking for an infection or some other nasty thing.

I used to always eat them, but I started snorting because of the quick rush you get.

This is what I did when I was using them heavily, too. Eat a bit, then fill the time with a line or two. Certainly something to be said for instant gratification!

Any more, on the rare occasion that i do snort something (believe me I wish I could blast a couple oxys with yall lol....but I cant) I take some distilled water and slowly drip It up my nose with my head tilted back. I do not snort it back as the water will choke you, and risk a lung infection. I drip enough back to feel it drain down. It helps some, but is more for a psychological purpose of cleaning/hygiene than actually feeling it do something. Theres a couple saline nasal sprays that help flush out allergens, and I assume bits of drugs that haven't absorbed, or don't dissolve. I usually perform this exercise 30 minutes to an hour after insufflation.

Take a break, for sure.

I get some relief from decongestants when I find myself at that point, just watch the ingredients for possible interactions.

Hot showers help a bit.

Never used a neti pot, but some people swear by them. Just make sure to sterilize it and only use fresh distilled water, or you're just asking for an infection or some other nasty thing.

This is what I did when I was using them heavily, too. Eat a bit, then fill the time with a line or two. Certainly something to be said for instant gratification!
Thanks for the advice. I tried Sinex nasal spray and did a few neti pot rinses. It actually helped a lot! I can finally breathe now. I took a day off from putting anything in my nose, too. A lot of improvement just from that.