• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Snorting doesn't get me high?

NeoLid

Bluelighter
I know it sounds crazy but I am never able to feel effects of any drug from snorting them. I've tried coke, mdma, and oxys while the same oxy pill got me high when taken orally, the other half had no effect when I snorted it. Same with mdma, same batch got me fucked up orally but no effects when snorted. I know mdma and oxys are better orally anyway, I just used them as a test to see if they would have any effect when snorted.

The reason is, I've been wanting to try coke for sometime and whenever I get some, I can never get high. So the other night I was out with my friend and he asked me if I was down for some coke, I suggested we get mdma instead and I explained to him that snorting doesn't work for me. He called bullshit right away and convinced me I was getting fake coke and we had to go to his guy. But once again no luck for me, while on the other hand he got pre fucked up... So now I have $60 worth of coke( about a .8g and I can't use to get high.

Another import piece of information is I feel like my nose is always stuffed. I know it sounds strange I've tried every method to unstuff it, but nothing works. When I breath in hard it makes the same sound as someone who is sick and has a stuffed nose. Whenever I blow it nothing really comes out. I've seen people suggesting trimming my nose hair, steam, hot food, snorting some water, literally nothing has worked. And this isn't something recent it's been like this as long as I can remember.

So I guess my finial question is how do I snort this coke and get high?

Try taking 50-100mg diphenhydramine, then 30 minutes later eating a little too much wasabi and following it up with some deep inhales from a Dexedrine inhaler. That should clear things up.

But there's no way you have no mucous membranes or your membranes are impermeable to water soluble molecules. That's anatomically impossible.

Save the coke and get your sinuses checked by a doctor. Don't use diphenhydramine and coke together or near each other. You need your nose cleaned out. An inhaler(I wish it was Dexedrine), will only make it worse. Steam is actually your best bet, or a device made for cleaning nose/sinuses. For real, get checked by a doctor. You may have an infection.

Er, benzedrex/propylhexedrine, big whoops.

I kinda have the same problem as OP, where I always have one nostril almost fully shut and one 30-50% open (sometimes it's better but that's average). It's been like that all my life.

Didn't mean to give out any brash advice, apologize if I did. I do see diphenhydramine is contraindicated for ppl with high blood pressure, is this why you say don't take it with cocaine? I take benadryl often and mix it with numerous other drugs with no ill effects (that I know about).

And it seems to potentiate opioids and benzos a bit too.

Potentiating opiates/benzos is one thing. Stimulants is a big no no. That could fuck with your heart, or atleast be very uncomfortable. As far as the jammed nose, I find that sometimes a straw or tube from a Bic pen helps. You can really stick it up there. I won't do it, but the wasabi might actually help. Even a little hot sauce.

Is it bad to mix diphenhydramine with cocaine. I was reading articles on ncbi last night that diphenhydramine extremely intensified and potentiate the cocaine high. They didn't mention any danger or risk associated with it . and no don't see any risk for it being bad on the heart as long as the dose is low.

at the very least it certainly wouldn't be uncomfortable.

Hi ya blue hair. You double posted. You can easily delete that. The dhiphenhydramine can cause a blood pressure rise amongst other side effects. I can't imagine that mixed with cocaine would be pleasant. Forget the extra high you get. I can't advocate it for harm reductions sake.

Don't snort anything if you're congested. Like others have mentioned, you should get checked by a doctor. It could be allergies or a sinus infection, and snorting drugs will only make it worse.

Don't snort anything if you're congested. Like others have mentioned, you should get checked by a doctor. It could be allergies or a sinus infection, and snorting drugs will only make it worse.

+1 - doesn't sound like your sinuses are working properly.

How long has your nose not bin working properly Have u bin having drainage (snot in the back of your throat) do your sinuses feel inflamed or swollen do u feel congested when u can get snot out is it a wierd color or smell wierd these are signs of a sinus infection if so all u need is some simple antibiotics for a few days and u will be fine but u should still get it looked at no matter what

Last edited:
Definitely see a doctor. You may very well have a deviated septum, which may require surgery. Best of luck!

I don't mean to bring up a old thread or anything of the sorts but did anyone or OP potentially if their still around ever find much to this?

I once stupidly took promethazine before i snorted dilaudid once and it worked abit to well and my nose dried up and started bleeding. So id say nay on the benadryl i would just use steam tbh

I have allergies and am always congested. I don't snort well. It does work, just not well. Follow a bit later with snorting a little water to wash it into your membranes better and also to wash down into your stomach what doesn't absorb.

I had DPT once, which works on smaller dosage (and is generally a single dose), and I made a solution and eye dropped measured doses into my nasal passages. Goal was to feel it wash over the whole nasal passage. That actually worked pretty well.

And, as I tell my lady, there's always anal.