View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Snorting DMT

bernax

Bluelighter
In a while i'm going to snort DMT because i have asthma and don't really like to smoke chemicals. I was wondering if people know what the right dose would be for a breakthrough i was thinking 125mg should do it. i weigh 80 kilos

It is my understanding that as DMT freebase is not soluble in water it will not go into your blood through the nose and thus you will not feel anything. You need to convert anything you are going to snort into a water soluble salt the process isnt too difficult and you may be able to have success with very little understanding of chemistry. We do not allow discussion of any type into the nature of the chemistry of drugs but the link above will have info on it.

From a general stand point what you have is freebase as it is the smokable form of dmt and is thus most commonly traded. The amount of smoke inhaled is low about 2 lung fulls so its not too hard, but it is a harsh and acrid smoke (in a sense, i know you can learn to like it or find it pleasant but from a general stand point) and if you vaporize it its very manageable so you may want to look into trying to smoke it. I am not telling you to go against doctors advise or anything and if you are in such condition that you shouldnt do it then dont, its just not nearly as much as other smokables, that is my only point.

Good luck

^^^^ would explaining how to turn freebase into a salt really be considered synth talk? I could hardly imagine, seeing that for example an official Bluelight faq explains how to make crack cocaine:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/394052-FAQ-Crack

Bernax, does vaping freebase affect your asthma that much? I found dmt very soft on my lungs, sometimes it even felt beneficial (not always though but I blamed that on the quality of my extractions).

Snorting DMT will be excruciatingly painful. I can guarantee you will not want to start a trip into hyperspace with that kind of pain burning your sinuses.

Even 5mg of 5meodmt hurts like hell any time Ive snorted it. Snorting freebase 5meodmt works VERY well...not sure if that applies to nn-dmt, but I bet it would. Again, I cannot fathom how painful 125 of freebase dmt would be up the nose

Converting it to a salt using vinegar or citric acid, diluting it in 10-20 ml of water and plugging it may be a better bet, but I have no experience doing so.

Last edited:
I snorted DMT years ago(more than once) before i knew better...
You bearly get a buzz, it burns like most shards and tastes terrible.
Ice water bong/vape bong smokes pretty smoothly...
IMO sniffing it is wasting it and does not express the magic of of the third eye...
Bless not stress

^^^^ would explaining how to turn freebase into a salt really be considered synth talk? I could hardly imagine, seeing that for example an official Bluelight faq explains how to make crack cocaine

Oh but it is chemical synthesis maybe not a full one or even a hard one but it's one none the least, whether it's a "bad" one depends on the view of the mod. I probably wouldn't close a thread for it and I would even mention the general concept but I'm not about to write up a synthesis outline for a member, as a mod it just wouldn't seem right ;)

Yes.

Snort about 125mg as planned. Try to keep it in the nostril, drip is no good.

Burn is not fun, but not enough to not do this. And burn is gone typically before the trip
And breakthrough occurs.

Have fun

Convert DMT to salt. Dissolve in coconut cream. Snort liquid.

Last edited:
Yes.

Snort about 125mg as planned. Try to keep it in the nostril, drip is no good.

Burn is not fun, but not enough to not do this. And burn is gone typically before the trip
And breakthrough occurs.

Have fun

That's fucked, no.

I have multiple friends that have tried it to no effect and FUCKED UP noses.

If the coconut cream method worked I could imagine that it might very well be a worthwhile ROA for dmt.

I can only compare it to snorting versus smoking 5meodmt. Sometimes I like the full on short duration of smoking it, and other times I like the drawn out longer lasting effects of snorting it. They are totally different animals.

When you smoke it, the experience develops almost instantaneously, is more all encompassing, and over before you know it.

When you snort it, there is more time to adjust to the altered state, the experience lasts longer(which can be good or bad), and there is a longer transition back to baseline.

Each ROA is just different. Neither is better than the other.

Personally I like to mix tiny bits of 5 meo Dmt into ketamine and then ingest a k hole amount of ketamine. It really adds quite a bang to the ketamine. It reminds me of the synergy between DPT and ketamine. ....I need to revisit DPT

Hmm i snorted a line of dmt before mixed with ketamine and it went pretty well, the burn wasn't as bad as people say. I don't know what form of dmt it was though a friend gave it to me

That's fucked, no.

I have multiple friends that have tried it to no effect and FUCKED UP noses.

But how much did they snort? To feel an effect you have to snort substantially more than when you smoke it. I once snorted 50mg with just a very little psilocybin kind of buzz. The day after it i wanted to smoke 50mg and couldn't even finish the whole thing

^^^^ would explaining how to turn freebase into a salt really be considered synth talk? I could hardly imagine, seeing that for example an official Bluelight faq explains how to make crack cocaine:
http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/394052-FAQ-Crack

Bernax, does vaping freebase affect your asthma that much? I found dmt very soft on my lungs, sometimes it even felt beneficial (not always though but I blamed that on the quality of my extractions).

The only time i 'smoked' it was vaping from a lightbulb but i think it became too hot because smoke formed

Last edited by a moderator:
Convert DMT to salt. Dissolve in coconut cream. Snort liquid.

What exactly do you mean by coconut cream?

If you mean coconut oil the salt won't dissolve in it since coconut oil is non-polar (oil) and the DMT salt dissolves in polar solvents, like water.

There's really no reason to use anything other than water if your goal is to dissolve a DMT salt in something. DMT salts a re very water soluble, and water is going to be the solvent dmt is most soluble in, and would mean less liquid to put in your nose.

Thought I'd add my two cents. I tried snorting it and it is without a doubt the most painful thing I've snorted. Way more so than 2c-xs and mephedrone, the drip is horedous although I tried to let it sit in naval but just snorted 100mg of freebase dude it was hard to not sniff up.

This led to a pretty uncomfortable trip, tho it lasted a while longer and mixing some balloons with it were great.

Just thought my nose had exploded :(

yeah the free base is most often more caustic than the respective salts. If I were to snort DMT, I'd definately convert it to a salt.

What exactly do you mean by coconut cream?

If you mean coconut oil the salt won't dissolve in it since coconut oil is non-polar (oil) and the DMT salt dissolves in polar solvents, like water.

There's really no reason to use anything other than water if your goal is to dissolve a DMT salt in something. DMT salts a re very water soluble, and water is going to be the solvent dmt is most soluble in, and would mean less liquid to put in your nose.

I mean coconut cream. Cream is softer on the nose than water.

I mean coconut cream. Cream is softer on the nose than water.

From what I've read coconut cream contains more oil/plant fiber than water, and would not work very well to dissolve a DMT salt in as its too non-polar.

They would mix together, but the oil in the coconut cream would inhibit the absorption of the DMT salt through the mucous membrane as it is carried over by water.

Freebase DMT might dissolve in coconut cream but there's really no reason to use it if you have water available. Water works better than any other solvent for this purpose, and using something like coconut cream is counterproductive.