• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Snorting DMT powder

Purpledrink

Greenlighter
Hello,

I heard that you can sniff dmt and it has a good effect, i tried it and nothing happened. What do you think is the reason?

I think it needs to be mixed with bicarbonate (?) or some other agent helping penetrating through the mucuos membrane, at least I once read that yopo seeds are roasted and mixed before insufflation and that it burns horribly.

Was interested too in if you can't just snort DMT, when inhaling works in theory you should also be able to snort it but this seems to be an exception from the rule.

Maybe it also just requires more DMT?

... Intranasal free-base DMT was inactive (0.07 – 0.28 mg/kg; Turner and Merlis, 1959)

(snorting freebase DMT does not work)

DMT nexus says it's possible and they list a tek, but you can't just snort DMT crystals straight it wont work. Apparently you have to add vinegar back into the freebase to convert it back to acetate.

"Some people are successful snorting but some people report insufflating can be intolerably painful or cause allergic-like reactions (example) which may be related to just DMT or with other products added to preparations made to make snorting tolerable (like the HF coco tek below)."

and even the tek looks sketchy... I'm not trying to snort a vinegar smoothie. I'm imagining tripping on DMT with a clogged nose and vinegar milk goo dripping out of my nose and it doesn't sound fun.

it's really just not worth the hassle imo

Last edited:
DMT acetate can be made pretty easily. The trick is once you’ve made it and dried it, re-dissolve in minimal water and then use. You’ll evaporate off most/all the vinegar and then leave behind tarry crap when you dissolve the acetate again. This can then be used IV or rectal as far as I’m aware, never snorted it.

-GC