• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Snorting and i.v comparison (HEROIN)

Oak cliff_23

Greenlighter
So, i was wondering if i snorted heroin after not using for a couple months (coming from i.v) if i would still get pretty high?
Asking because when I use to inject it and tried to snort it to prevent using i.v i was no where close to even nodding. And yes I know I won't get the same rush but do you think tolerance has gone down enough to get a pretty good high ? If anyone can answer i appreciate it.

Last edited:
If you haven't used any opiates for a couple months then yeah you should be able to get high. But do not start with a dose anywhere near what you use to do, assume your tolerance has dropped to near zero otherwise you could very easily OD.

It's great that you don't plan on going back to IV, at the very least keep up that mentality. It might seem like a small step forward but snorting is much less harmful to your general health than IV.

Also, don't get too excited about being able to get high again. Due to what's called "kindling" your tolerance will very quickly build up to where it used to be in relatively short order. But still proceed with caution and only use small amounts until you can gauge your tolerance.

If you haven't used any opiates for a couple months then yeah you should be able to get high. But do not start with a dose anywhere near what you use to do, assume your tolerance has dropped to near zero otherwise you could very easily OD.

It's great that you don't plan on going back to IV, at the very least keep up that mentality. It might seem like a small step forward but snorting is much less harmful to your general health than IV.

Also, don't get too excited about being able to get high again. Due to what's called "kindling" your tolerance will very quickly build up to where it used to be in relatively short order. But still proceed with caution and only use small amounts until you can gauge your tolerance.
Thank, its exactly the answer i was looking for. A good explanation