• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Sniffing suboxone strips

headyblue

Greenlighter
Hey guys, so I've been on suboxone for about 2 years now and i recently decided to start tapering off. I've found it's hard to manage small doses with the suboxone strips, but after digging through threads online, i found a great way not only get way more out of my suboxone stock, but also taper my does down faster than i ever imagined possible. Essentially, I found a way to snort suboxone strips.

Suboxone has a much higher bioavailabilty nasally than sublingually, but until now i didn't know there was a way to snort the strips. But a couple of weeks ago, I found out that if I dissolve the strips in saline solution, in a nasal spray bottle, I'm able to pretty much snort suboxone, getting the higher bioavialability, and managing doses fractions of milligrams. Here's how i do it.

I bought a good nasal spray bottle and a bunch of saline solution. Im the kind of guy that likes to know exactly how much I'm taking, so i measured exactly how much saline solution i'm mixing with exactly how much suboxone by counting the amount of sprays i got per bottle. I found that if i use about one and a half shot glasses full of saline solution, it makes pretty much exactly 80 sprays from the bottle, so if i mix that with 1 8mg sub strip, that means that for every 10 sprays, i get one milligram of suboxone. If i wanted to i could put 2 strips in that same amount of solution and get 1 mg every 5 sprays and so on and so forth. Since I started taking suboxone like this, i've been able to get by on a fraction of the amount of suboxone i was taking, I'm guessing because of the higher bioavailabilty, and i've been able to measure my taper pretty accurately and taper much faster than if i was taking it sublingually.

3 weeks ago I was taking 8 mg per day, and had been for almost 2 years. I went from 8 to 6mg in about a week, then from 6 to 4 in about another week, and after that went to the nasal spray bottle and went from 4 mg to about 1mg in less than 2 weeks. I simply do one or two sprays every time i start to feel my early withdrawal symptoms and 20 min later, i feel fine. I end up doing that around 5 times a day, but I'm trying to spread it out as much as i can. Not only am i stretching by sub stash way further than before, but at this rate, i feel like i'll be able to get down to a does so small that i won't feel any withdrawals at all when i get off completly.

All in all, I've found this method very helpful and wanted to share it with you guys. You don't have to count the sprays like i did, you can really just throw a couple of strips in a bottle of saline solution, and you're good to go. Let me know if you have any questions or feedback

Do u think the amount of bupe is equal in each spray? How can you be sure of this?

This is a good method, if hard on your nose (sub has always been irritating to mine). The amount of bupe is not going to be exactly equal in each spray but provided you do a 'full spray' each time it will be close enough to not make any difference.

Congratulations on tapering down so well. This is a great idea for those serious about tapering and getting clean.
Keep it up and be strong.

Hmmm ive heard of people snorting the films. I like this idea. How many ml of water or saline does it take to dissolve a 8mg strip. Id like a larger dose as im on 16mg a day, so .5mg in one or two sprays would be nice.....i was thinking using a 1ml syringe and just use my etiz vial formula. 10mg per ml or 10mg per 2ml. And then use the orql syringe to put directly up nose... any thoughts

Sorry to bump an old thread but I was going to make a new one and this seemed better. I could really use some guidance here if anyone can give it. I'm looking to make a solution to put in an empty Afrin spray bottle and want to be as precise as possible. I've been snorting the strips just cut into pieces for almost as long as I've had a script but am now down to <1mg and it just isn't practical without volumetric dosing. Anyone able to tell me exact amounts of saline and Sub to combine here?

I just heard of using suboxone nasally as well, and had the same idea but wanted to research it a bit. Like your idea. I tried it the first time today by putting a smaller piece of strip directly in my nose, like stuck it to the inside after wiping my nose out a bit (Because that’s how the person who told me about it saw someone else do it, but they didn’t say anything about the person using water) so I plan on snorting a tiny bit of water in a minute but I wish I would have seen this first.

I’m curious how naloxone’s increased intranasal bioavailability doesn’t cause issues with reduced positive effects and/or increase in adverse effects.

I’m curious how naloxone’s increased intranasal bioavailability doesn’t cause issues with reduced positive effects and/or increase in adverse effects.
That’s actually a really good point, didn’t even consider that, obviously it works if people keep doing it I guess? I would assume the naloxone and buprenorphine get absorbed similarly whether you take it sublingual or intranasal though, just nasal being that you get more of both in your system with a smaller dose.

The reason naloxone was included in the Suboxone formation is because it has very poor sublingual bioavailability (2%-3%), so 97% to 98% is destroyed when taken as intended. With ultra-, very- and low-dose naltrexone/naloxone studies, that small percent of naloxone actually seems to have the extra benefit of controlling tolerance when taken sublingual.

This all changes, as it was intended, when taken via another route of administration as the bioavailability increases (amount able to reach arterial blood), although it seems unclear just how effective it really is. I’d agree to the point that if people are doing it, there seem to be no adverse effects, but I can’t help but think positive benefits are reduced, and that would be something for the most part people may not be able to subjectively identify unless they had a control (buprenorphine with no naloxone) to compare to.

oh okay smarty pants lol I didn’t realize that though, interesting stuff. Hopefully someone does a study on it then because I’d like to know if it could be a way to get off the stuff without as severe withdrawals, because I find it difficult to want to lower my daily dose taken sublingually even though it is doable. I know it’s a mental thing most likely, but there should definitely be more studies on how to get off suboxone more easily, because the withdraw is worse/longer than an opiate withdraw, which annoys me for a lot of reasons lol. It has definitely helped me get my life back, but I don’t want to be on this sh*t forever because I’m scared of the withdraw.