• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Sniffing powder buprenorphine products VS Making a liquid to drip down nose.

CfZrx

Bluelighter
Which is better in your opinion? Does powder have any benefit? Does sublingual actually work better for the chronic pain patient as far as duration of analgesia and tolerance issues? Please, discuss :)

I have no idea, but since no one replied, i'll take a guess: Maybe power sticks better in those nose, whereas some water may just pass through and drip down?

I sniffed them for a long time mainly because the BA is higher than taking them sublingual. the Bioavalibility is 30% sublingual compared to 50% Intranasal which is quite a big difference.

making it into a liquid is going to be a waste of time IMO it will just drip down your throat.

I have no idea, but since no one replied, i'll take a guess: Maybe power sticks better in those nose, whereas some water may just pass through and drip down?
Good point! Powder is best!
I sniffed them for a long time mainly because the BA is higher than taking them sublingual. the Bioavalibility is 30% sublingual compared to 50% Intranasal which is quite a big difference.

making it into a liquid is going to be a waste of time IMO it will just drip down your throat.
That's 2 votes for Powder Bupe! My experience tells me powder can be wickedly bioavailable.

DIY ethanol/bupe solution? I will mix mouthwash 1/4 tsp w/ bupe powder 1mg. Sounds good huh?

I am quickly learning that the best way to use is Mouthwash first, then one milligram sublingual. Rinse/repeat 4 to 6 times from noon till 9 pm.

Whenever I'm snorting suboxone, i will take a piece of the strip, put it on a spoon with a few drops of water, dissolve it and tip it into my nose, I find this method very efficient, believe me when I tell you, just because it drips down to your throat doesnt new it got wasted. Your mucous membranes are still absorbing it, I wouldn't be surprised if membranes ate somewhat in thw throat too. Its more efficient then snorting powder form. If you notice, nasal products are liquid after all.

Whenever I'm snorting suboxone, i will take a piece of the strip, put it on a spoon with a few drops of water, dissolve it and tip it into my nose, I find this method very efficient, believe me when I tell you, just because it drips down to your throat doesnt new it got wasted. Your mucous membranes are still absorbing it, I wouldn't be surprised if membranes ate somewhat in thw throat too. Its more efficient then snorting powder form. If you notice, nasal products are liquid after all.
Well this sheds light on the topic! I have found serenity in using mouthwash right before sublingual method :) No more snorting for me most likely. I agree that liquid is going to hit you harder than powder.

I wonder how long it takes to get the sub dose fully in your blood if you do listerene and sublingual? Anyone? Thanks :)