• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

smoking weed with tobbaco

psystim

Greenlighter
first of all hello to everyone, been browsing this forum for years and decided to open an account today
so as the title say, for economic reasons i smoke my weed with tobacco (1 gram costs arund xx where i live)
been doing it for years, ever since i started smoking weed (6 years ago)
anyway my question is this: could smoking my weed with tobbaco affect my high in anyway? can it affect my high in a negative way? i smoke toabbco (ciggarets) aswell so its not really "hard" on my body.

When i was in amsterdam i smoked alot of weed without any tobbaco, and i remember that the high felt "cleaner", espically when smoked out of glass or bong.
i know it could be because it was probably really dank weed, but i got a hookup for some really strong medical strain, and it shares the same level from the strongest strains i smoked in amsterdam.
I smoke mostly joints, mixing my weed and tobbaco around 50/50

do some of you guys smokes their weed with tobbaco? could you share some information about this matter?
thanks in advence

Last edited by a moderator:
Used to mix weed and tobacco in bongs for over 10 years. So glad I stopped doing it and got into vaping straight weed only. The high is much nicer and having no toxic and addictive tobacco is just a much healthier way to consume cannabis.

I do understand that many people mix it to make it go further tho, I used to. Never again for me I hope.

in my exprience, smoking bowls with tobbaco (espically tobbaco+hash) is really disgusting.
the high is strong tho

I don't really have any hard information aside from my personal experiences. I used to smoke tobacco mixed in with my weed, and I also felt it hit harder, though I don't know if I had less tolerance at that time, it's completely possible.

Smoking tobacco is such an awful habit, I'm really glad I quit. I've had a couple of family members die of lung cancer and I'd really like to avoid it if I can.

I have a friend who says he reckons cigarettes change the nature of the high for him, in the sense that it kind of ruins it for him. But again, that's just me passing something along anecdotally, of course.

Quitting tobacco feels like one of the better decisions I've ever made though, I don't feel like that can be emphasized enough, particularly in a HR sense.

vaping-vs-smoking-lungs.jpg

:)

i enjoy smoking weed with tobacco. either in a spliff or at the bottom of a bowl when hitting a bong.

i try to put as little as possible..

I avoid tobacco in my joints as much as possible, but I have found it helps to add some in a large social setting. People don't want to blasted instantly and people also hold onto the joint for a while without hitting it.

As a non-smoker I have found that when I do mix tobacco with my weed it hits me with a strong headrush and I sometimes need to lie down. Additionally, I always feel the tobacco kick the back of my throat when I pull, quite unpleasant. It prevents me from being able to take large hits without choking everywhere.

I always find that nicotine ruins my high from marijuana, and it makes sense. When the cannabinoid receptors are activated, they cause immediate release and turn over of acetylcholine, resulting in profound anticholinergic effects. Nicotine adds cholinergic activity, so it reverses some of the cannabinoid activity. It may create a different buzz and cause euphoria, but it does not add to the cannabinoid effects; I find it greatly reduces them.

Last edited:
I smoke weed with tobacco too. I find it is alot cheaper to be able to save my weed by smoking cigs while I am high. That way I am not tempted to smoke all my weed after I got stoned. However I wish I could stop smoking cigs because it's virtually pointless and just essentially kills you is all it really does.

I've never smoked cannabis or hash in joints, bongs, or pipes mixed with tobacco. I have also never smoked a blunt.

Poledriver-I used to belong to a vapuorizer forum and on that site they found that vapour, even cannabis/cannabis oil vapour produced by a high quality vapourizer does contain tar and other things besides THC.

theGirlWithBlueHair seems to have the most useful information for you. Though do whatever feels best to you. :p

In the UK they smoke it with baccy to increase the effects (with the head rush), to help the weed last longer (as you're using/wasting less) and apparently it burns much more evenly thus wasting less again.

All matters whether you mind tobacco and it's short term effects..