• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Smoking weed by yourself vs with others.

i get nasty jitters when i smoke after a break of 2-7 days in a social situation. you know, like when youre body shakes after taking a bong rip of sativa? i smoke alone a lot but i have some buddies that its guaranteed. i will turn down bud in social situations though if i dont know anyone intimately. i feel like i am better at socializing under pressure when im sober. thinking on my toes while blazed sucks

I've gone through phases. I'm currently in the social phase, but it's because I'm not surrounded by people who act fake and make things awkward. If there's genuine exchange then weed in social situations works just fine.

There've been been chunks of time where I only smoked alone though and it was needed.

Dunno... it can be an introverted or extroverted drug depending on what you need. I do prefer sativas for socializing though.

When i do something for myself, and i find out i can do it by myself and enjoy it, i tend to drop all the people i can do it with, and do it by myself, so i "force" myself to smoke with friends, wether it being 1 friend, or 40 at a party or something.

Both are equally incredible experiences. Though, they are different. Being with another friend is nice because you are able to engage in communicating ideas and sharing thoughts. Being with your own self is much more internalized, analytical and provoking. I find you are able to appreciate so much more of life in either situation. Being stoned by your self, in a forest or in a silent/musical dark room is where I think the real experience is. Learning becomes much more apparent, exciting and expansive. I think having that state of panic/paranoia is important for developing your own sense of well-being, understanding deeper levels of processing etc. It can also be used to facilitate creative problem solving or learning a new activity. The possibilities cease to end, which is one idea cannabis can allow you to see. I prefer eating cannabis by my self and experiencing the full on show. If I'm with friends, I prefer smoking.

This just made me want to whip up some edibles!

not a fan of weed but it goes in this order:
smoking weed with close friends because i get fucked up thoughts on weed sometimes and they distract
smoking by myself so i don't have to deal with other people
smoking weed with people i don't know well or people who don't like me getting high because i get paranoid.

Alone, by far. Theres a select few friends i'll get round and have a couple bowls with but generally I much prefer being alone when high.

i love smokin weed alone and just go around laughin at everything but i also love smokin with close friends and laughin at them and at everything, both are great, the only thing i hate is smokin with annoying people... like when youre high and cant get that smile off your face and they just keep talkin and talking... and then when you're not high anymore they say 'ohh that weed was shit man i didnt even get high'.... i always go like ooo fuck off, i paid for the weed, the paper, the fire, i rolled this shit and you gonna complain?? haha just rantin

I dont find any difference when smoking alone or with others. I guess smoking out with others can be a bit of a social experience if youre seeking that aspect of it. A couple negative things Ive seen while smoking with others can be people "n*gger-lipping" or passing back a wet joint that is now soggy with their saliva (I dont mean to sound racist that just seems to be most widely used term for it). Also some people have a horrible habit of starting to tell a story with the weed in their hands. Its like I dont want to be rude and interrupt them but I really want to continue hitting the bowl/joint. I usually hand them a lighter or another subtle gesture to get the pipe back in rotation, even if they already have a lighter in their hand. I also hate it when you pack a bowl and someone with vacuum lungs demolishes most of the bowl in one huge hit, when it could easily gotten 3 people high off normal sized hits. I used to know a guy who was famous for it, eventually Id situate ourselves in the rotation so that he was the last person to get a hit. Another thing that can be annoying is someone torching the whole bowl when they get greens, when the bowl is big enough for at least 2 tasty greens hits. But that probably isnt much of a big deal anyway.

I love smoking with my best friend. We laugh a lot and it makes the high so damn good. Even not while smoking I feel kinda high when I'm with him, because we laugh so much.

I also love smoking alone. Not the same.

But in public: nope. I'm too paranoid for that when high. Weed turns into a paranoid wimp when in public.

I do enjoy smoking with others better than smoking by myself. But every once in a while its nice just to have a nice stoney day to yourself =D

If I'm going to be smoking with others I prefer to be comfortable with everyone and for the group size to be small.

In most cases I prefer to smoke by myself or with 1-2 other people who have interest in similar activities after smoking.

if your in a social setting and want to use a drug, use a social drug

if your in a private setting and want to use a drug, use a private drug

for me weed is a private drug.