• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

smoking weed after wisdom teeth removal

apple420

Bluelighter
I recently had my wisdom teeth taken out and was wondering if there is was any way I could smoke without getting or least reducing theorist of a dry socket.

Just don't smoke for at least 24 hours afterwards. There's really no way to reduce the risk with smoking, you're reducing blood flow to an open wound.

Damn I was really hoping to smoke te help with pain.
thanks for the quick reply though!

Yes yes it is best to not smoke. But IF YOU DO, don't suck in hard. Basically think, don't pack a bowl really tight, don't roll a joint very tight. IIRC the problem with smoking and dry socket is the sucking part can dislodge your beneficial blood clots and scabs on your wounds. So like I said, if you do do it, pack a really lose bowl, draw VERY GENTLY, and only smoke as much as you need to reduce pain. Nows not the time for a heavy session.

You could try making some edibles even if if you probably don't feel like eating right now.
I recently had my wisdom teeth removed and it really hurt the first few days...
I smoked in the first 24 hrs but I did it very gently, like AnnieGram said, and didn't smoke as much as usual. It healed without complications.

When I got mine out I vaped through my nose.
Worked well, just made sure not to take huge hits to avoid coughing.

/\ wat!!!??? That is fucking awesome dude I wish I could have seen than. I was going to say use a vape bag that you can push the vapor into your mouth and don't have to suck only inhale, but another option is definitely through the nose!! haha you are awesome

I know this isn't the right place for this question but I didn't wa.t to start a new thread. how long should I wait to take mdma I haven't taken any pain meds today and its been 4 days since the extraction. should I go for it today?

I wouldn't. Last thing you would want to be doing is clenching your teeth at all.

No... No no no no. Wait till your shit heals. Mine still spike sharp intense pain at times because I didn't and decided to try smoking...

I'll add I second on the clenching thing. I'd say wait a good month to make sure... 2 weeks at least. Edibles work as well as alcohol extract tinctures

When I had mine out I had all four taken plus two extra back teeth that apparently a small percentage of the population has. Oh and they broke my jaw for me while doing so. I stayed in hospital overnight (only time I've ever done this) and got offered cornflakes for breakfast.

I discharged myself an hour later. They gave me paracetamol for the pain. My face looked like a chipmunk.

I had never taken heroin before this point in my life but fortunately had a good heroin addict mate. Who gave me (not sold me) enough methadone to take the pain away (sort of) for the next few days.

Six months later, having been in constant pain every day, I nearly choked to death on the small fragment of jaw bone that finally forced its way up through my gums/empty cavity while eating a meal.

Gotta love NHS (UK) teaching hospitals.

i vaped away when i got my wisdom teeth pulled. nadda happened. (a year ago)