View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Smoking Syrian rue plus Ketamine / DMT

ros1816

Bluelighter
Anyone got any feelings about what smoking Syrian rue before/during ketamine does.

I didnt realise you could smoke the syrian rue and get a shorter acting maoi effect than if brewed - and you could bypass all the vomiting and stomach/diet complications (eg no cheese before etc). Someone told me to give it a go before i then vaped some dmt and it def worked.

At the end of the festival we wanted to make our ketamine go further so we tried smoking the rue during / after insufflating the ketamine.

One person had a particularly intense experience and a bit of freak out but we talked him down. I got a serious telling off from somebody who said I should have done my homework before trying the combination or suggesting it to someone else

I cant really say whether it made it stronger as i dont do ketamine much (likw 5 times before). I didnt feel anything bad from it.

Bad, good or indifferent? What do you chaps think?

I don't believe MAOIs with ketamine are a good idea, but I am not positive on that.

I think anyone telling you smoking syrian rue gets you an maoi effect might be pissing down your back and telling you it's raining ros. If you need 300mg of moclobemide - which is a pure, powerful pharmaceutical maoi - to get anywhere with oral DMT, are a few puffs of a seed really going to give you anything? What kinda dose of MAOI are you going to be getting from a few bong hits? I think this has come from people smoking DMT and then going "you know dude, I'm sure that lasted 20 seconds longer with the syrian rue than without".

The only real test would be to smoke a few bongs of syrian rue and then take DMT orally and see if you feel anything. My firm belief is that you'll feel piss-all.

I cant speak for Smoking Syrian Rue then smoking DMT or ingesting DMT as Ive not done this enough times.

But it definitely seems to do funny things with ketamine - potentiating and making the K-hole different/more interesting.

By smoking the syrian rue, dietary interactions are avoided as well. This is as told by an apothecary guy who has a stall at a number of festivals (selling thiings like kratom,
various maois, yopo seeds etc) ive been to. He says by smoking it, the effect is localized to the head/consciousness [doesnt sound very scientific]

I also talked about how smoking the syrian rue can bump up 4aco and this seemed to work on one person.

Im thinking about getting hold of some moclobemide and using it with 4aco to potentiate that trip.

I guess what im asking is if anyone believes smoking syrian rue potentiates what you're on

And what the dangers might be - for instance smoking syrian rue and k hasnt done bad things to me (Ive done it twice now) and has made the k stronger without doubt. But would it be bad if mixed with the 2c family for instance?