• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Smoking pot on medications?

Valence

Greenlighter
I went to the hospital today because the middle of my upper back was hurting so bad I couldn't stop crying, so I went even though I don't have insurance. I'm currently on a muscle relaxer and pain killers, but the pain is still there, and still persistent. I've smoked pot for similar pain before and it did help, but I don't know how it would react to the medications, so is it safe? I've taken two Hydrocodones and one generic brand of Flexeril. Has anyone ever done this and/or does anyone have a good guess on if it would be safe or if it would even be helpful? Thanks.

Last edited:
I have taken multiple substances from every single class of drugs imaginable, and besides the whole Psychedelics/Hallucinogens/Dissociatives being intensified by Pot, and the fact that when I'm on cocaine and I smoke too much pot my heart tends to race... I've noticed absolutely no other side effects from mixing cannabis with anything. Even those weird fucking drugs like SSRIs and MOAIs.

It'll make them stronger. Cannabis has been shown to increase the pain-relieving qualities of opiates. Will also definitely increase whatever intoxication you're feeling so don't plan on driving.

dunno what flexeril is but cannabis definitely makes opiates like hydrocodone hit harder

flexeril and cannabis have not been an issue for me in the past. You'll be fine.

Yea be careful if you haven't been taking the flexeril for long, Indica will probably intensify it and knock you out. Albeit slowly but put you to sleep. Sativa not necessarily.

I think it all depends on how your body reacts to the medications as well as how your body reacts to cannabis. For me I've noticed that other drugs make my cannabis high more intense. I've heard others say the cannabis makes them feel the other drugs more and some say they don't really notice a difference.

I think it all depends on how your body reacts to the medications as well as how your body reacts to cannabis. For me I've noticed that other drugs make my cannabis high more intense. I've heard others say the cannabis makes them feel the other drugs more and some say they don't really notice a difference.

I agree, but I wouldn't quite say other drugs make my weed high more intense... the addition of other substances most definitely alters the intoxication, though, that's for damn sure. The only kind of drugs I haven't noticed this with are over the counter NSAIDS. Funny thing, though, prescription-strength ibuprofen'll knock me right the fuck out when I smoke with one in my system. I'm not quite sure what that's all about....

I agree, but I wouldn't quite say other drugs make my weed high more intense... the addition of other substances most definitely alters the intoxication, though, that's for damn sure. The only kind of drugs I haven't noticed this with are over the counter NSAIDS. Funny thing, though, prescription-strength ibuprofen'll knock me right the fuck out when I smoke with one in my system. I'm not quite sure what that's all about....

Actually that's strange. Ibuprofen and other NSAIDs antagonize the effects of THC (I'm pretty sure it has something to do with lowering the amount of available prostaglandins, google it if you want more info there are several studies done on this).

Actually that's strange. Ibuprofen and other NSAIDs antagonize the effects of THC (I'm pretty sure it has something to do with lowering the amount of available prostaglandins, google it if you want more info there are several studies done on this).

No shit? Yeah, I think I'll have to check that out.

I just thought it was weird because OTC Advil is just minor headache relief even when I smoke, but the prescription strength 800mg ibuprofen tabs I have just konk me the fuck out if I have a smoke with one. Never did it intentionally or anything, just happened to be smoking later in the day after taking some medicine for aches and pains.

Pain killers actually won't do anything for pain. They just make you not care it hurts. Be all "lol I cut my hand off. It looks funny"

Muscle relaxers will actually help with the physical pain... If its related.

Either way. Yes. It's very dangerous. If your a pizza delivery boy. Be fallin out after every stop.