• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Smoking pot and/or shatter while on antidepressant buproprion. please help if you can

emyd

Greenlighter
Hello everyone,

I'm 21, Female, and i've smoked pot in the past (not often) but when I did it always made me relaxed and I never seemed to have any issues. It's been 4-5 years I haven't smoked but I have depression and chronic pain (headaches and migraines) anyways I know that pot is amazing for pain so I want to try it but Im on the anti depressant call 'buproprion aka wellbutrin' and I heard that smoking while on these meds can cause seizure or phycosis episodes. But the thing is if I do smoke I would only take 1 puff, because thats all I need really. So in your opinion would 1 small hit of weed really do any harm or cause seizures or weird episodes?

Also I heard shatter which is like 80% stronger than regular pot, I was interested in trying it, again if I took just 1 small hit would it do anything harmful? Also does anyone know if shatter is dangerous or has any bad effects?

Thank you so much to anyone who can help me I appreciate it
:):?

I took welbutrin XR for several years and never had a problem smoking with it. I didn't use concentrates at the time but I'd just say go slow getting back into it.

I took welbutrin XR for several years and never had a problem smoking with it. I didn't use concentrates at the time but I'd just say go slow getting back into it.

Thank you so much for the reply. I am on Welbutrin XL, I wonder what the difference is i'll have to look into it. Also what was your dosage? I'm on 300mg a day. Thank you

It was XL I took, XL just looked weird so I wrote XR. I was on 300 for ~3 years and then 150 for 4-6 months while I titrated off.

It was XL I took, XL just looked weird so I wrote XR. I was on 300 for ~3 years and then 150 for 4-6 months while I titrated off.

Okay thanks. And when smoking pot did you smoke a lot or only 1 or two puffs? And was it often? Did you ever have any weird feelings or anything?

Thanks so much...by the way have you heard of shatter?

Bupropion is known to not go well with cannabis. Some people can handle the combo, others not so much. I would be careful and start slow with the pot/shatter to see how you react.

Okay thanks. by the way have you heard of shatter?

Shatter is a cannabis concentrate made with butane or another solvent that is then purged. I can't explain the difference between shatter vs. wax, but it's a strong concentrate of the active components of cannabis, and if you have no tolerance and insist on diving straight into concentrates rather than straight pot, I'd highly suggest you invest in a wax pen and start VERY slowly, as it's very easy to over-indulge in concentrates when a dose for an intolerant individual could be the size of a grain of sand. Forget about dabbing any concentrates straight on a nail until you have a significant tolerance, as a single hit could deliver far more cannabinoids than your intolerant body can handle.

Good luck and GO SLOW, you can always take more but you can't un-take an uncomfortably high dose, but are left to ride it out.

-CTdopeLove

Shatter is a cannabis concentrate made with butane or another solvent that is then purged. I can't explain the difference between shatter vs. wax, but it's a strong concentrate of the active components of cannabis, and if you have no tolerance and insist on diving straight into concentrates rather than straight pot, I'd highly suggest you invest in a wax pen and start VERY slowly, as it's very easy to over-indulge in concentrates when a dose for an intolerant individual could be the size of a grain of sand. Forget about dabbing any concentrates straight on a nail until you have a significant tolerance, as a single hit could deliver far more cannabinoids than your intolerant body can handle.

Good luck and GO SLOW, you can always take more but you can't un-take an uncomfortably high dose, but are left to ride it out.

-CTdopeLove

Thanks so much for the info and tips :) I will start with regular cannabis for sure..even with that i will go slow since i hear my meds dont go well with it. Thanks!

Bupropion is known to not go well with cannabis. Some people can handle the combo, others not so much. I would be careful and start slow with the pot/shatter to see how you react.

Yes, this is what I have read online also. But do you think just 1 small hit of pot, like a small one would even be enough to cause a seizure or react with my med? I really only need 1 puff eitherway... Thanks for trying to help me :)

Last edited by a moderator: