• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Smoking oxycontin - need some advice please

Hello all, i have tried smoking oxycontin original formula on foil a good handful of times. It does literally nothing for me, as in nothing no high, no sedation and no euphoria absolutely nout. Don't get me wrong my technique is not exactly perfect but i still get some decent hits, i try holding the hit for a few seconds as well. I'm in the UK I have access to an unlimited supply of longtec 80mg(UK oc) and 80mg Italian sandoz(unmarked ones anyone else get these?)

So yeah if anyone could explain whats going on here much appreciated. I was told smoking them gives you a rush? certainly don't get one from snorting it.

One last question guys, anyone else find oxycontin really bungs your nose if you use for several days in a row?
Sorry for the long post brothers and sisters😊
I found it depends on the fillers in the pills.i found oc80's great for snorting but shit for smoking.i had some 20mg capsules that I could dissolve in water filter, evaporate the water and then smoke which gave pretty damm close to pure oxycodone.i used to smoke pure heroin and the oxy from these caps was just as pure(~95%+).any sugars immediately rules the pills out for smoking.celluloses also burn and decompose but aren't anywhere near as bad as sugars.

It is really hard for us to analyze and critique your method remotely. We would like to, but we dont want to spin you around with a bunch of wild guesses that might leave you more confused than when you started.

There could be some component of these pills that does not lend them to effective vaporization. Again, I'm really not sure and it will be ver difficult for us to figure it out from our phones.

I know it isn't the advice you want, but I think you would be best off and most satisfied by using an alternate route of administration. You're lucky actually, as Oxycodone had one of the most favorable ROA ratios of any of the commonly prescribed Opioids. For instance:

Morphine is about 1/3 the potency orally as it is by injection, as us Diacetylmorphine (Heroin). One of the primary reinforcing characteristics that draw Heroin users to injection over say, insufflation is the financial benefit. When you tell someone they can reduce the cost of their drugs by 1/3 instantly, it can be hard to convince them to keep insufflating.

Oxycodone is generally quoted as being ~80%-90% or so by the oral route. So, people who inject or vaporize Oxycodone are doing so more for the "rush" than for the economic benefit. I

Injection and insufflation as ROA's lead to more complications than simply taking the drug orally. From a Harm Reduction perspective, we have to advise alternate, less dangerous ROA's.

I would consider rectal administration. It is a means by which you can experience a faster onset, more of a "rush" etc. without sacrificing bioavailability and without all of the potential complications associated with both injection and vaporization.

So, case in point, we won't be able to accurately tell you why your vaporization efforts are not working, but we can advise you on easier to execute and more effective and safe ROA's such as rectal administration.

Any questions you may have, we will try to answer.
Quoting literature statistics on bioavailability doesn't help or translate to how it is in real life.i found smoking and snorting oxy twice as good as eating it.explain that with literature.the literature is useless to the non academic world and then it only applies to a research subject that fit very specific criteria in a clinical setting.

How does one smoke oxy or H? Can all H be smoked? I have some oxy 80s that I know are smokable but not sure how to do it. Do I sprinkle it on a little weed?

Quoting literature statistics on bioavailability doesn't help or translate to how it is in real life.i found smoking and snorting oxy twice as good as eating it.explain that with literature.the literature is useless to the non academic world and then it only applies to a research subject that fit very specific criteria in a clinical setting.

I agree that there is variability from person to person. When we quote the literature that you're mentioning, we are only using said literature as a benchmark; a place from which we can form opinions.

I think you're going a little bit too far in saying that the literature and statistics that we discuss have no bearing in reality. We dont know everything about how drugs work, but there is some stuff we definitely do know.

Bioavailability is actually a pretty simple thing to figure out. You administer a drug and then analyze how much of that drug is ultimately absorbed. Of course there is some variability from person to person, but you can generally take these statistics to the bank.

When we try to define the effects of these drugs in subjective terms, yes, things get tricky. We cannot say what is "better", " more fun", "good/bad". These are all matters of personal preference.

So, if you get more of what you're after by insufflating or vaporizing the Oxycodone, nobody can take that away from you. Your experience as a human being in relation to psychoactive substances is pretty abstract and cant easily be "charted".

I totally believe what you're saying if you think one ROA works better than the other, I just dont really like the opinion that drug studies, literature etc. are not relevant to the actual experience. Does that make sense?

My original point was, you will ultimately get a beneficial absorption of your Oxycodone by the oral route. I'm not telling you that you absolutely should go this route, I just wanted you to know that there were viable alternatives for administering this drug should your chosen ROA become unfeasible.