• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Smoking method, which do you prefer?

Depends, man.

Solo? Water bong. Especially lately, as either my weed's getting stronger or my tolerance is plummeting and I only need a single hit or two to be comfortably high.

With one or more other people? RAW joints or Dutchmaster blunts. Kind of graduating towards papers as I grow older, but there'll always be a place in my life for the occasional blunt. Crazy thing, though, I've noticed that I can roll up 1g-2g blunts with someone, smoke that shit, and 30min later I'll barely feel anything-- but with a bong I can literally burn a tenth of that and be fried at my house for hours. Set and setting, I guess?

Hey man, I like doing a little DIY and I'm working on a little mason jar bubbler and a liquor bottle bong. I've never used bongs much, and I was wondering what methods you use to clean your pipe in order to eliminate any residual smell.

I think I get the set and setting thing you mentioned. Typically, when I'm out with my friends I tend to get restless and exicted. I guess there's just that alertness that's required when having a conversation with someone that ends up dampening the high. When I'm alone I can get a lot more anxious as I don't have the saftey net of my friends being there, I don't have anything to prove to anyone, I don't have to particularly pay attention to anything. I'm just alone with my bizarre, spiralling thoughts. It gets pretty damn weird. It's when I'm alone that I can really drop out.

Hey man, I like doing a little DIY and I'm working on a little mason jar bubbler and a liquor bottle bong. I've never used bongs much, and I was wondering what methods you use to clean your pipe in order to eliminate any residual smell.

I think I get the set and setting thing you mentioned. Typically, when I'm out with my friends I tend to get restless and exicted. I guess there's just that alertness that's required when having a conversation with someone that ends up dampening the high. When I'm alone I can get a lot more anxious as I don't have the saftey net of my friends being there, I don't have anything to prove to anyone, I don't have to particularly pay attention to anything. I'm just alone with my bizarre, spiralling thoughts. It gets pretty damn weird. It's when I'm alone that I can really drop out.

If it's glass, I'd take apart the bong as best as it allows and put each individual piece in it's own ziploc bag full of enough isopropyl alcohol to submerge the pieces you're cleaning. Add in a pinch of salt (not necessary, the abrasiveness of the salt just helps the iso' break down/remove the tar more quickly than pure iso' will).

Hang the ziploc for anywhere from an hour to overnight (I use clothes hangers with clips), slightly shaking/agitating the bag at regular intervals.

If you let the glass sit overnight, you'll probably just have to rinse them with warm water and you'll be amazed at how clean your pieces are after just letting them sit in isopropyl for several hours. Just make sure to let it dry out completely before using again.

If your bong doesn't break down into separate pieces, things get a bit more complicated. I'd still use iso', but I'd just fill up the water chamber with it instead of submerging the whole piece in the stuff, slightly shaking it occasionally but otherwise just letting it sit and clean that tar up passively.

With a glass bottle and a jar, though, it might just be easier to keep the tools on hand needed to make a new one and treat 'em as kind of disposable bongs once they're ready to be cleaned.

Water Bongs, definitely. I don't like that sweet taste of weed, it makes me feel sick so I'd rather just inhale a proper hit once and for good than struggle with the joint

i like different type weeds and different strengths..for a sleepy dreamy weed with medium potency, i love rolling so i make a nice 1 person pin joint.. at night when smoking higher potency i like to vape , i have a haze dual chamber vaporizer …funny this post because i used to use a pipe a lot but haven't in a year.. i never hit the weed with the flame hard … just let it brown the top when i drag..pipes burn up weed when you do a heavy draw.

Glass pipe is my go to but vape is a very close second. I wish my lungs still tolerated bongs cause I sure miss a good bong rip!

Definitely a glass water bong. It gets you really far, with a little amount and you only need to inhale once. I'm not even talking about getting most for your money because I myself treat weed as a potent tool for personal growth and only smoke it once every so often when my tolerance is non existent. Its about getting the most profound experience if you're about to do it anyway. That first weed trip is what weed is about and if you smoke again even the next day, the experience wont even be a quarter of the depth of the initial experience. Its a plant, organic, living lifeform and it provides a bridge to a higher realm of consciousness, so please treat it with respect.

On a day-to-day basis I use a vaporizer--it's just easier on my lungs than other methods (aside from edibles, obviously).

When I want something a little special I do a few rips off a very old glass bong. But like another poster who wrote earlier, I'm kinda finicky about keeping my glass clean, so even a couple days with that one and I have to bust out the Epsom salts and rubbing alchohol.

I just smoke it which ever way is the fastest theirs no need for all this silly fuss really

Dabbing live resin, 100% really. A little blueberry at night before bed in my bong or pipe.

Also, where I smoke is important to me. Half the fun is getting outside to a nice park or trail and smoking up.

Can't fucking wait to pick up a gram of shatter and a quarter of blue cheese. Seriously.

When I smoke a j i use 3-5 different type of shit
bong and vaporizers for home sessions(night) funny tip it's that i use my bathroom and i turn on the shower let it steam and then kabom da da bum i'm in heaven
gas mask if I wanna see wonderland.. i always go with critical kush that shit brah'...it's like pussy man too damn good
water/ice bongs i usually use them when i hang out with my kins it's perfect for some conversation a good laugh maybe a movie why not?..yeah

Last edited:
A bong, no doubt. In this age of glass, a nice Wax Piece, preferably with a wand. Though I've earned hundreds of dollars worth of glass I currently have no piece. I use a can pipe I remake every other day, an apple or a potato. I enjoy a well rolled blunt, too.

Blunts blunts blunts

Sweet aromatic backwoods to be specific.

Just got a picture of my lungs tho and they fulla black spots..

Blunts are amazing, but hard on the lungs. They burn so long, that's what I like about them. A nice 10 to 20 minute smoke haul, compared to a 10 second bong rip. I like the teeny bit of tobacco too (I wrap my blunts in tobacco leafs) as I have extreme anxiety. However I honestly see a purpose for every type of weed smoking - hash and shatter for heavy highs and stealth; chronic for the occasional blunt, which is how I taste and enjoy the smoke the most; and also for bong rips, but I tend to fiend those and only the first one or two hits have a nice taste to them. So I end up cleaning my bong a lot. Pipe for a nice hike through the woods. L-joints when I want a blunt that isn't as hard on the lungs.

During my AL-LAD trip the other day, which was 1500 micrograms, I ended up smoking two blunts on the comedown and going for a 10km walk through the neighbourhood, and off to the trails where I smoked. I had to get rid of my weed because I get so much shit from my family for smelling like it, but they can't tell when I'm on acid or heroin, not even once ever. Which I find completely ridiculous as weed is just weed. It really frustrates me because I love the act of smoking and I've been smoking a few cigarettes lately which I do not want to do, I don't have any pot. I need to stop those before it's too late, which means I need to get the fuck out of here and be able to smoke, and dab exclusively live resin in the meantime. Which is annoying as fuck.

So, it all depends on the situation and my preference is all of them at different times.

I'll always smoke chron over dabbing, but I will for sure keep dabbing since it clears out my lungs when I do it exclusively. I find it hard to judge how high I will get with dabbing though, my tolerance rises very fast with concentrates when weed tolerance is tough enough to control, and it tastes great but I find I prefer the taste of a nice blunt, or perfectly clean bong rip. I like how it is maintenance-free though - I clean my bong every couple of days, and my recycler rig every few months.

Used to be all about blunts but now I'm in love with my vaporizer. I have plenty of pieces but I find myself only using the vape. If I grind up a gram of some good weed and elbow pack my xtreme Q (usually takes about 5 or 6 bowls to finish off a gram) I find myself stoned to the point the last bowl is honestly tough to finish and the high stays with me longer than any other smoking method.