• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Smoking marijuana following a dental extraction

spiderwebrose

Greenlighter
Is this possible as I know they say no cigarettes or drinking through a straw following the extraction- but my son relies on this for severe panic disorder and post traumatic stress’s it is actually keeping him from getting the extraction and suffering daily! Please help...

There are forced air vaporizers and even like a joint bulb puffer (don't know what they're called) to minimize impact to the wound. Edibles should be fine. But if you can put off smoking it and make it more like breathing, that might be ok. I take it you're in an illegal state where other means of getting the THC into the bloodstream are limited.

Yea edibles or vaporizer over smoking. I smoked heavily for my two wisdom teeth removals, did it without putting me under so only one side at a time. First one went fine cuz I swished a super concentrated salt solution soon as I got home like an idiot, fine after the agonizing pain that dropped me to the floor like someone roundhouse kicked the shit out of me. Second one I got dry sockets, not fun…

Little tip, the best pain killer I found for dry sockets surprisingly was capsaicin, a bit of hot sauce could keep the pain back for a good hour.

In the end I can’t stop smoking for anything really so it’s doable but risk of dry sockets is high.

-GC

For the first 48 hours they recommend no suction as it will pull the blood clot out of the hole and the jaw will be exposed leading to dry socket.

IF he can take baby hits it should be okay. The idea is to not create any suction as one does when they pucker their mouth and suck in.

I smoked weed after an extraction by putting it to my CLOSED lips and just breathing in. The smoke goes in your mouth but you aren't creating any suction to get it in there.

Good luck.

There are forced air vaporizers and even like a joint bulb puffer (don't know what they're called) to minimize impact to the wound. Edibles should be fine. But if you can put off smoking it and make it more like breathing, that might be ok. I take it you're in an illegal state where other means of getting the THC into the bloodstream are limited.

@spiderwebrose I don't know where you/your friend live or whether they have access to a legal marketplace or just grey area/black market. These are some things I would try from a legal market.

1) oral strips just like the listening breath strips. Dissolve within seconds on/under the tongue or just in the mouth. No swallowing involved.
2) oral sublingual tablets that dissolve like a prescribed dissolving tablet. No swallowing involved.
3) transdermal patches.
4) water soluble THC drops. You can mix them with drinks (anything) or in food (anything) but obviously they have to be swallowed. They have an extremely bitter taste but can be taken orally. These are my preferred route when I need fast relief from nausea. If taken on a empty stomach/drink perhaps 5-10 minutes and if taken orally perhaps 5 minutes. But stupidly bitter I find.

Tom

(I should add that with water soluble drops, you can keep redosing for continued relief)