• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Smoking Ice…

Prettyboy12

Bluelighter
My girlfriend wants me to take a drug test tomorrow. She’s looking to make sure I am still clean. I haven’t touched any Heroin however I have been smoking very tiny bowls of ice off and on today. I told her that’s fine but that I’ll pop dirty for opiates because of my prescription pain meds. My question is this A) Are the drug test specific to medication or just show up as Opiates and B) Will my ice show up given I’ve only smoked a very small amount?
I’m legit hoping she says never mind to the drug test since the drug she is looking to see if I’m clean from will still show up because of my pain meds lol
I’ve also been trying to come up with a medical reason that methamphetimine would pop on the drug test!

Congratulations on staying off the heroin.

It depends on the particular test. They often come as ‘panels’ that test for the most common substances. You didn’t mention which test.

Most often people use the 5-or 6-panel test which unfortunately tests for both opiates and amphetamines.

If it’s a urine test false positives can be caused by several medicines including seroquel, some antihistamines, bupropion, tricyclic anti-depressants and a few others.

It’s a rule of BL that we do not discuss how to beat drug tests. Discussing how they work or don’t work generally is ok though. They generally don’t work more than 4 days after you last consumed meth.

Congratulations on staying off the heroin.

It depends on the particular test. They often come as ‘panels’ that test for the most common substances. You didn’t mention which test.

Most often people use the 5-or 6-panel test which unfortunately tests for both opiates and amphetamines.

If it’s a urine test false positives can be caused by several medicines including seroquel, some antihistamines, bupropion, tricyclic anti-depressants and a few others.

It’s a rule of BL that we do not discuss how to beat drug tests. Discussing how they work or don’t work generally is ok though. They generally don’t work more than 4 days after you last consumed meth.
Oh no I wasnt asking how to beat it. I just am looking for general knowledge on how the 5 panel work bc I am prescribed a lot of different meds. Thank you too I’m trying real hard to stay off Heroin! I smoked a few more puffs about 30 minutes ago of meth and yes it’d be a urin test.

What usually happens is that if you get a positive on the urine test the sample gets sent to a lab for a conclusive result that rules out any possibility of a false positive.

But is this test you are doing a professional one or just a DIY home test kit?

What usually happens is that if you get a positive on the urine test the sample gets sent to a lab for a conclusive result that rules out any possibility of a false positive.

But is this test you are doing a professional one or just a DIY home test kit?
It’ll be one I pick up from cvs to do at home.

It’ll be one I pick up from cvs to do at home.
Did she make you do the test? I found a drug test in CVS website that shows it would detect both methamphetamine and opiates and a couple other things. Other tests look like they're specific to Marijuana and alcohol. I didn't see any that were specific to meth or opiates.

Did she make you do the test? I found a drug test in CVS website that shows it would detect both methamphetamine and opiates and a couple other things. Other tests look like they're specific to Marijuana and alcohol. I didn't see any that were specific to meth or opiates.
Funny enough my dad decided to drug test me at the safety store. I passed even though I smoked the night before.