• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Smoking H after wisdom tooth extraction

Thefoilmaster

Greenlighter
My wisdom tooth became infected about a week ago. i finally got it pulled today after clearing up the infection with antibiotics. My dentist didn't use stitches to close the hole and I was told to just bite down on gauze until the bleeding stops. That was about 10hours ago. I was told not to smoke due to the risk of dry socket, but I smoke heroin, is the risk the same? Any advice on how to go about this? Obviously if I wanted to quit, I wouldn't be asking this, I would just quit.

All the residue that collects in your toot is also collecting in your mouth. When I was smoking H sometimes my teeth were covered with residue. That stuff will get in your gap. That's probably worse than cigs. Obviously you don't want to go into withdrawal, the only thing I can think of is can you get hold of any pharmaceutical opiates to hold you for a couple of days? Or you could try leaving the gauze in to try and stop the residue getting in the gap. Are you smoking base or black tar heroin? Could you try a different ROA, don't IV but maybe try plugging. I've never tried but if you need your fix it's worth considering?

The whole reason behind not smoking/vaporizing or what have you post-extraction, is that you don't want gases with foreign particulates floating around inside your mouth when you have what is essentially an open wound. This means anything besides your prescription inhaler or nebulizer (sterile things) should be avoided. It probably won't kill you, but the notorious "dry socket" is apparently a real bitch. I was in a lot of pain post-extraction, as a couple of mine were pretty severely impacted. I assumed I must have had dry socket, but it was just the pain of the extraction.

You definitely shouldn't emulate me, but after my extraction I broke all the rules like an idiot. I smoked Cannabis, Tobacco, used a bong etc. and I somehow ended up okay. I'm guessing you don't inject, otherwise that would've already crossed your mind. Why not try going the rectal ROA just until your mouth heals up. You'll be sacrificing some of your Bioavailability, but then you won't be running the risk of dry socket and/or serious infection.

You can eat it or, assuming it's tar, cook it down into a rig, break the needle off, and snort it...nose drops.

Omg, I just got my wisdom teeth out two days ago. I would reccommend not smoking anything at all.

You're at risk of getting a dry socket, can't believe he didn't stitch you up. Any kind of suction can pop the blood clot right out and expose the nerve down there, so if you REALLY need that H, try a different ROA. Chasing the dragon increases your chance of dry socket, not to mention that the smoke will affect the recovery period.

I'm swollen like a balloon today. I would love to light up a J, but alas.

Omg, I just got my wisdom teeth out two days ago. I would reccommend not smoking anything at all.

You're at risk of getting a dry socket, can't believe he didn't stitch you up. Any kind of suction can pop the blood clot right out and expose the nerve down there, so if you REALLY need that H, try a different ROA. Chasing the dragon increases your chance of dry socket, not to mention that the smoke will affect the recovery period.

I'm swollen like a balloon today. I would love to light up a J, but alas.
^This is correct. It isn't good for other chemicals to be introduced either but a dry socket is the sucking action that can dislodge the clot and expose the nerve. That's why even using straws for drinking is discouraged post op. Find an alternative ROA.

ahh man i know your pain. after getting my second tooth pulled i had to walk down the main strip of Brighton (aka the heroin capital of the south of england) past all my usual stops with just a bit of gauze to chew on. but don't do it, just wait a day, it'll feel even better,

^ Ha! You're a few miles down the road from me then of you're in Brighton!

OP If it was me I'd just cover the hole up with something (Gum?) whilst I was smoking. That or snort it.