View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Smoking destroying angel mushroom

Sdbellow

Greenlighter
I have been in the woods recently and I think I have either found amanita virosa or albino Amanita muscaria and I was wondering what would happen if I smoked Amanita virosa. Would it still kill you or would you or not because you didn't ingest it. Because I know smoking Amanita muscaria gives somewhat of a high so I was wondering if virosa would do the same but not kill you, because don't you die from it attacking your liver? So there wouldn't be a way for it to kill you since it can't get to your liver when you smoke it. I'm just curious.

NO you cannot.

(welcome to PD / BL :) )

Not all Amanitas contain fair amounts of muscimol which is what gives A. Muscaria psychoactive effects. A. Pantherina also contains it but should not be taken because the concentrations of muscimol and ibotenic acid vary so much and can be so high that poisoning and OD trips are way too big a risk.

Destroying angel mushrooms contain amatoxin, yes it is toxic to the liver and kidneys but also generally to your DNA. It has a high molecular weight so it would be rather difficult to smoke / inhale but still it CAN be inhaled and will still be toxic that way.

So, it's both pointless and dangerous. Stick to A. Muscaria and even with that one exercise caution because the intoxication can quite impair your behavior.

It's absolutely fine to be theoretically curious. But realize that truly considering ingesting seriously toxic plants / fungi to get high would show a remarkable stupidity and inability to make a proper cost/risk-benefit evaluation. Don't apply for a Darwin award.

A good mycologist / myco enthousiast would not even eat any type of wild edible mushroom species which have close toxic lookalikes simply because you cannot afford to make the mistake and that is much more important than how big the chance is that you will make a mistake.

Thanks for the reply! And yeah around here I don't get any a muscaria. I live in southeast Texas and have been looking for some in my woods for ages lol. We get tons of destroying angels though so that's why I was curious.

Alright... well when young plenty of mushrooms look like destroying angels at first glance, being just normal button-mushroom-like. Makes it a real problem, so you have to wait until they are more mature. When young mushrooms can be total lookalikes while mature they display particular characteristics that make them not so look alike anymore.
just fyi

I wouldn't even care if 10 out of 10 mushroom experts told me I COULD take it, just based on the name "Destroying Angel" I wouldn't touch one of those with a ten foot pole hahahha.

Sometimes things get certain names for a reason, and I'm just guessing that that got it's name for a good one...

Actually I enjoy 'Trumpet of Death' mushrooms picked in France in some nice risotto... they're choice!