• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Smoking and Chasing Opioids: General Information

where does smoking, or actually to be technical "chasing" of oxycontin fall into this. I know the whole smoking of oxy is a big controversey but thats not stoppin anyone from doin it. For all I know it's gaining popularity in Cali

Yeah I didn't want to add a section on other opioid pills, but knew it would come up eventually.

While it is possible to Chase or smoke prescription opioids in tablet or capsule form, it is not a good idea, and unless the proper steps are taken, it is a waste of the drug.

With OxyContin, an extraction of the Oxycodone from the binders and fillers is almost a must. People who simply crush up a tablet, put it on foil and heat are, even if they had perfect technique, wasting most of the drug, add in inexperience or poor technique and even less is being absorbed.

Same rules as Heroin, Morphine and Opium apply. Extract, convert from Hydrochloride to Freebase form, add an equal amount of Caffeine, mix, place on foil and Chase.

Despite an attempted extraction, there will be pill binders and fillers left. These are at least not good for your lungs/body to be vaporized and inhaled, and since they were not made to be used as such it isn't known what short and long term health consequences there could be.

ive chased the dragon about 10 times in the space of 2-3 weeks before and tbh dont think it is that special you certainly need more than 1 bag to get a very good high.

Its 1 of them drugs that if you dont think about it you will feel normal you gotta close your eyes and lay down if you really want to feel the power of it and then its so damn relaxing.

I would like to add a bit about Opium due to the large amount of Opium related threads that have been popping up in OD and BDD.

It is important to first recognize what you have, i.e. if it is actually Opium. Erowid has a neat page about the "Red Rock Opium" (incense sold as Opium) hoax; and descriptions given by BL posters about the texture, packaging, etc leads me to believe a lot of people are simply selling Heroin as Opium for a higher profit margin to people who are opiate naive.

If it comes in a glassine bag with a stamp on it, it is Heroin. If it comes in a balloon or wrapped in foil, and is a moist looking black color, it is most likely Black Tar Heroin (this is important to remember if you are on the West Coast/MidWest).

Real Opium goes through a few changes depending on its state. After slicing the seedpod open, the Opium latex that flows out is white or off white. After it dries it is a light to dark brown, Opium gum. While it is possible to do so, it is better to treat the Opium to make it more suitable for Chasing or Smoking.

Here is a guide from the famous Federal Heroin guide:

http://www.shaps.hawaii.edu/drugs/dea20026/dea20026.html#cooking

(Note: the article says to use 'boiling' water; do not do this. Hot water, not boiling. Never add opioids to boiling water, or boil an Opioid solution.)

After this is done, Opium can be Chased or (if you want to waste it) smoked like Heroin, Morphine, or other opioids as outlined in the first post.

Since Opium gum is most likely not cut, it isn't necessary to worry about diluents that reduce volatilization. However, it would be a good idea to add a cut that will facilitate volatilization as explained in the first post.

It's very easy to identify opium. Take a cup of poppy seeds and stick your nose in it. Then smell the opium. If it reaks like the seeds, jsut 100 times stronger, its O. If it smells chemical it's TAR H. IF neither, it's bunk or most likely heavily cut O or H and you shouldn't touch it anyway. When my friends bought O in SE Asia they'd onyl ever buy it if it stunk like poppy seeds - perfect guide.

I always thought that the brown we have in europe was made for smoking hence the need for ascorbic acid.Cant find any veins nomore so was thinking bout buying one of those glas bubble pipes what the Aussies use for meth and read that the BA is up to 95% but only if smoked correctly.Can sumone Please tell me if thats nonsense and what the actual BA would be if carefully heated in such a pipe??? Important Info,please reply if you know!
Love,peace and harmony for all BL.Community
Mo

Thanks Madrus,if one uses glass oil pipe and a “torch“lighter like they sell in tobacco shops with that blue flame,isnt that cooler flame than normal bics?
Yes,glass keeps heat longer but no smoke loss.foil gets small holes fast and residue still bitter.was thinking bout
Vaporizer with set temp .Controlling.Would this be best,after mixing in caffeine,which i always do?
Just cant inject no more,sure maybe after an hour of sticking and groin is just asking for trouble some Day.
Good Day,
Mo

It's probably more effective to use something like a dab rig than an oil pipe to smoke heroin. The BA for *properly* smoked heroin is pretty high, though I don't know if it is that high. Foil is of course a classic way of smoking heroin.

this is pretty cool but i'm nodding so hard i can't keep up aha
brb when not a drooling mess, book marked for posterity

imo if your gonna smoke you might as well iv as its the same except better rush they are just as dangerous as eachother longtem wise