• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Smoking age in California

Cokehoe

Greenlighter
SWIM lives in California and smokes cigarettes a lot. SWIM is under 18 and wants to know if it is legal to smoke in public.

please avoid using SWIM here on Bluelight, it affords you no legal recourse or protection and is just kinda annoying; we refer to ourselves in the first person singular here, ta.
and as you are underage Cokehoe it would be illegal for you to smoke anywhere i would imagine, so best avoid smoking til you're of age.
in the future please don't use Bluelight to answer questions you could just as easily (even easier in fact) google.

I dunno, i think in australia, cigarettes are technically legal for underage people to possess and it's highly illegal to sell to minors - though i could be wrong.

Cigarettes are really nasty for your health though dude. I mean, if you're not already a smoker,don't get addicted to those dirty things - they kill a lot more people than illegal drugs do.
Tobacco is also super addictive - the younger you start, the harder i imagine it will be for you to quit.

Not meaning lecturing you, but cigs are pretty nasty man. At least my opinion - i'm not saying i never smoke tobacco, but it's just not a very nice drug.

But yeah, google is your friend.

Closing this. Please read over our forum guidelines before creating any new posts OP. The legal side of things is definitely not something we handle here. In the age of information that we live in, it seems pretty criminal that you can't just Google, California+Tobacco+Laws. You don't even need to click any links, Google will display the answer for you in the search results as if you were asking a member of the legislature at his or her own desk.

The age of purchase in California is actually 21 years old since, I believe, June of 2016. While I'm sure the law is fairly important, things like "underage use/possession of Tobacco products" has been a slap on the wrist/up to the discretion of law enforcement. In general, police do not walk up to people and card them if they're suspicious of their age. If you get caught, it could be that the cops stomp on your cigarettes, call mom and dad or have you appear in court. Like I said, it's really discretionary in a similar fashion to underage drinking.

I was shackled in court one time for possession and their was a teenage girl their who was made to read an essay she wrote on the dangers of smoking to the entire court. I'm sure it varies.

I was shackled in court one time for possession and their was a teenage girl their who was made to read an essay she wrote on the dangers of smoking to the entire court. I'm sure it varies.

༼ ༎ຶ ෴ ༎ຶ༽ lmao