• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Smoked meth... Breathing and other problems

Snoke

Greenlighter
Hello everybody. I recently made the worst mistake of my life. I smoked meth for the first time, which was also my first drug use ever. On Friday I smoked 6 or 7 huge hits of meth within one hour. The rush was great for about an hour, but after that I became paranoid and worried about ODing, as my heart rate measured well above 150. After a while it felt better, but I started having difficulty breathing more than a small breath without feeling extreme pain. I also have a sore throat and croaky voice, as well as my heart skipping a beat sometimes. When I was smoking, most of the hits felt smooth but 2 or 3 felt like I was inhaling particles with the meth, not sure if that means anything. My questions are:
1. How long will these effects last
2. Is there anything I can do to minimize the damage done

Any other advice you can offer would also be appreciated.

I guess the meth and/or cuts irritated your respiratory system. If it's not getting better any time soon, go to a doctor!
We bluelighters are no doctors and even if, you cannot diagnose someone without seeing him/her.
Hope you feel better soon :)

Thanks :) if you were to guess, will it take care of itself or will I have to go see a doctor about it?

Do you have a fever?
Imo it's always better to see a doctor, but I have the same problem when I smoke too much cigarettes, usually after 1-2 days it'll go away. So if you don't have a fever, wait 1-2 days and if nothing improves, see a doctor. Or better, go to see a doctor asap, just to be safe :)

I don't have a fever. It's feeling slightly better each day so I think I'll hold off on seeing a doc.

I've coughed up some nasty shit after going on long binges of smoking that stuff. Oddly enough, I just read something that said injection meth will have a more negative impact on your lungs that smoking.

Let me see if I can track down the source.

I've coughed up some nasty shit after going on long binges of smoking that stuff. Oddly enough, I just read something that said injection meth will have a more negative impact on your lungs that smoking.

Let me see if I can track down the source.

I'd explain it like this:
If you inject drugs , there are cuts like talc (if you shoot pills without micron filtering, for example) that can travel all the way to your lung capillaries clogging them. So if you do this a lot you can loose alveoli, because you cut off the blood flow.
If you smoke the drug the cuts won't make it through the membranes of your alveoli and in the best case you'll cough them up

I'd explain it like this:
If you inject drugs , there are cuts like talc (if you shoot pills without micron filtering, for example) that can travel all the way to your lung capillaries clogging them. So if you do this a lot you can loose alveoli, because you cut off the blood flow.
If you smoke the drug the cuts won't make it through the membranes of your alveoli and in the best case you'll cough them up

Okay, that's what it was. I think I got the meth in my head because it was talking about adderall and Ritalin.

OP I think you'll be fine but if you feel worse or like you need medical attention don't hesitate to seek it.

I mean it was the first thing you ever smoked, correct?
How did you smoke it?
Did someone help you or do it for you?
Did you stay hydrated?

If you don't mind answering, what compelled you to use meth for your first time doing?

Yes it was my first time smoking anything. With a lightbulb. No one helped me, I was alone. (stupid I know) I was mildly hydrated, but I'm drinking a ton today. I have no clue what compelled me. I guess I just wanted the initial rush of euphoria and happiness. I'm extremely embarrassed about the whole thing. Honestly I'm just relieved I hated it so I didn't get hooked.

Last edited:
Yes it was my first time smoking anything. With a lightbulb. No one helped me, I was alone. (stupid I know) I was mildly hydrated, but I'm drinking a ton today. I have no clue what compelled me. I guess I just wanted the initial rush of euphoria and happiness. I'm extremely embarrassed about the whole thing. Honestly I'm just relieved I hated it so I didn't get hooked.

No reason to be embarrassed. Curiosity gets the best of us all every once in a while.

Since you didn't like it I'll just leave it at that. IME it goes from amazing to awful real fast.

Update: my throat feels better, but I am extremely exhausted and barely able to stay awake. My lungs hurt whenever I take a deep breath, which is kind of scaring me. :(