View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Smokable NO2

Fetus Fetish

Bluelighter
I don't know if this is crazy but I've been reaserching NO2 and more specifically how to make it, I read by gently heating ammonia nitrate (150-200 degrees maybe) you create NO2. Now if one were to put some ammonia nitrate in a vaporizer at that temp would that not make a smokable or vapeable form of NO2. I may try this but don't have any ammonia nitrate and don't know where to get it would love to here any experiments with this.

how would you get it into a balloon without releasing pressure?

this seems like way too much work for 0 gain

dammit. i got confused with N2O and NO2. :\

sorry about that local mods :D

but yes, wat??

Just do whippits.... Much less risky yet can lead to the ringing and blue lips

Gently heating ammonium nitrate........

This might just be me, but I don't think its wise to try and heat up an explosive lol.

Besides, me thinks it would take alot more ammonium nitrate than you could fit in a vaporizer to get any appreciable amount of nitrous, which leads back to the point of heating up potential explosives.....

Ah good point Blank, I didn't even notice.

N2O = Nitrous Oxide. Otherwise known as laughing gas, nitrous, whippets, nangers. Good fun.
NO2 = Nitrogen Dioxide. TOXIC TO HUMANS. Not good fun.

In light of current global affairs - while perhaps not the most financially viable method, the most effective and efficient method for obtaining Nitrogen Dioxide is by purchasing a late-model VW/Audi/Skoda diesel.

lol at diesel engine VWs. Just suck on a tailpipe for awhile, you will see stars!

@ Balloon comment: you would just inhale directly from the electronic vaporizer, exhale into the balloon to recycle

@ Safety: DON'T do it, temp over 240C may cause the ammonium (not ammonia..) nitrate to detonate. This is especially a risk when the material is running out, there is less to distribute the heat over so overheating becomes an increasingly big risk that the thermostat does not catch up on. Esp. since there is no solid residu (see below).

Interesting and funny idea but just get whippets instead of blowing yourself up - you really want to rely on the electronics of some vaporizer?

I'd expect the concentration to be kinda low, not sure if it could reach 50% level like medical nitrous. Also the high concentrations of water vapor will make the warm-hot gas feel even a lot hotter subjectively. Very uncomfy.
There is no residu waste product and solids tend to expand a lot when being reaction into gases, which is the whole concept of non-nuclear/fusion etc but rather typical explosions: Very sudden expansion.

apparently heating ammonium nitrate really produces nitrous oxide (N2O), but as solipsis said, it is not a good idea!

Lol... I met some crazy hippy woman at a festival once who was ranting on about heating nitrous bulbs up & proceeded to try & convince me that the high was amazing & somehow different. Personally she just sounded insane & the whole concept seemed dangerous & pointless. Not exactly what you are talking about but thank for triggering a strange memory!

Ah good point Blank, I didn't even notice.

N2O = Nitrous Oxide. Otherwise known as laughing gas, nitrous, whippets, nangers. Good fun.
NO2 = Nitrogen Dioxide. TOXIC TO HUMANS. Not good fun.

In light of current global affairs - while perhaps not the most financially viable method, the most effective and efficient method for obtaining Nitrogen Dioxide is by purchasing a late-model VW/Audi/Skoda diesel.

This fo sho!

heating ammonium nitrate does not produce pure nitrous oxide - it is contaminated with other nitrogen oxides (NO, NO2 etc) - which means no, it's not feasible to put AN in a vporizer.

Not to mention that temperature control is crucial and you can detonate the stuff if you are not careful.

I'm glad others chimed in because just from the thread title the first thing that came to mind was "This sounds dangerous as fuck!"