View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Small doses DXM and tolerance

Renald

Bluelighter
What about the tolerance when using small doses of DXM every day or every second day? I am speaking about 1st plateau dosages (100-150 mg for a 60 kg person). Have you noticed the tolerance increase when using such dosages?

In my personal experience definately. There was a several month window of time quite a few years ago which i dosed DXM every single day at the 1p level occasional 2p, and there was a definate progression of tolerance. By the time I decided i was done my dose had become significantly higher than when i began, and in fact i found the dose i had started on towards the latter part produced a minimal effect if any. The increased dose at that point was only there to achieve the same level as when I began not due to any effort to take it any further than where i started. Although i find this interesting and possibly indicative that i have a unique metabolism tangent from the average, and this is just from memory and may not be correct either, but i seem to recall that DXM is usually present in the body beyond 24h later usually resulting in increased effects when dosing again the next day. If any of this is incorrect please comment as such, but regardless i never expirienced anything like this

DXM (and dissociatives in general) has some odd tolerance occurrences. One thing is that DXM hits many different pathways & receptors (look at the DXM FAQ by W. White) but they don't fit into the usual tolerance schemes. Sometimes there is even inverse-tolerance / sensitization.

DXM at high doses does have a inverse-tolerance for a couple days afterwards.

1st-plat trips even every other day are gonna raise your tolerance over time though. So I'd advise you to not overdo it, because NMDA tolerance is basically permanent.