• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Slight muscle or body twitching

drfeelgood1

Bluelighter
I’ve been taking Xanax for years now on dosages ranging from 0.5 to 1.5mg a day but NOT more than that. I started tapering a few weeks ago to a limited dose of 0.5mg before going to bed. That’s it.

Would like to ask, if anyone have these slight body twitching when tapering off? Is this a seizure or is the body twitching a separate symptom? These movements are not continuous but it’s like a slight jolt especially before nodding off to sleep. I’m ok during the day.

Don't want to ring a alarm. your dosage is so low and tapered .

But i get these after an Epileptic insult. For some weeks.

I’m I rapidly tapering? Is that what you mean?

I’ve read that people take more than this like around 4mg a day.

So my WDs should be mild?

Last edited:
ive just started xanax , and wanting to hear and learn , but i will listen to my body, wish i had info or experience to inform, best of luck. my ears sure have been ringing but think thats from antidepressants i keep stopping and now trying yet again, is driving me bat shit ( more bat shit crazy?) i truly wish you the best. i jolt when sleeping sometimes , but i think many do when all muscles relax

Yeah… Now I wished that I never had started…I’m freaking out now not knowing what’s going to happen to me. I’m tapering now, but don’t know if I’m doing it fast or too slow…

I’m I rapidly tapering? Is that what you mean?

I’m I rapidly tapering? Is that what you mean? No I got a seizure from sleep deprevention stress and

Tapering is tapering. My description was more about poly drug abuse. But even then with things that are Gabaergeic the best option is not cold turkey, GHB for example should be gradually reduced, unless you wanna risk seizures. Or are on a ultra low dose. Atm I am reducing Benzo's and its fucked but i have no such signs like you describe, Tapering is tapering. My descripion was more about poly drug abuse. a.o. those are twitches.

Do what you feel is right just gradually lower your dose, of the benzo's. Or go see the dr.

Thanks!

Im now tapered myself on 0.5mg per day. The way I do it now, is I usually extend the hours for it.

Example:

I took 0.5mg now at a timely manner every morning around 10pm for a week. This week instead of 10 I’ll extend taking it in the afternoon hours. I want to stretch my daily dose as possible.

Then next month, I’ll taper down to 0.25 a day if all goes well.

I also have the Extended Release (XR) formulation (0.5mg per tablet) which is more longer lasting than the instant release ones. Those should last 24 hours after each dose instead of 4 hours.