Bugs Slideshow not paused while hovering over buttons

pernikar

Bluelighter
Hi, still relatively new to BL, so hope this is the right place for this sort of things; if not please move to the appropriate destination.

There's a slight UX issue with the slideshows at the top of the page (this one):

GP0rju3.png

If hovering over the image, the slideshow is paused, but when you hover over the buttons placed on top of the image, it starts playing again:

wF8Lt15.png

So you have to keep moving your mouse away from the button into the image to stop it and then back to the button again to go to the next slide. I know there's a pause button at the top to pause it entirely, but from a UX standpoint, the slideshow should be paused when the cursor is anywhere within the image's borders including the buttons inside and play again only when the cursor is completely outside the image, not just on another element still within the image.

Tested in Safari on macOS.

This IS the right place! Thanks for bringing it up here.

On a desktop or laptop with a mouse, you are correct = if the mouse is over the image, it pauses the rotation. This is intentional, as the thought is someone's mouse is there as they are trying to read it. The fact that hovering over the semi-visible buttons (pause top right, forward or backward on either side) allows the slider to continue unpaused is...a feature! Yeah, I'm sure that's it. Lol. More likely, a bug in how it is operating, but not one we control. That front page slider is an add-on and we do not control such things. However, you raise a great point which I will relay back to the creator to see if they can address it in their next update ;)

Honestly, I never noticed :p Also, it is worth pointing out that this is only an issue for those of us using a mouse. The vast majority (75%+) of our members are on mobile devices where a mouse isn't present so this issue doesn't exist. I, however, prefer a desktop and mouse <3