View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Sleeping on LSD

Sharkface1027

Greenlighter
Has anyone ever fell asleep right after taking LSD.i took a Xanax and slept the whole trip I woke up seeing red.but I felt fine Is this bad?I slept with it in my mouth...

Last edited:
I slept right after the peak a few times.
No benzodiazepines or other drugs were needed for me.
I was fine, but that's just me.
Xanax and benzodiazepines will block most of the effects of LSD, I do not see the point in this combination, unless one is freaking out and needs to stop the trip.

i can never sleep after doing lsd even the day after unless i take a xanax or drink alcohol, even if i had tripped all night and was sleep deprived to the point where its seriously annoying and draining. but normally i take a xanax right when the peak is over and it completely kills the trip. so i also agree that the combination is not exactly one that makes sense unless youre looking to kill a bad trip or want to go to sleep

with that said i once went into a semi-asleep/dream-like state during the peak where i’m pretty sure i was asleep however the dream was extremely trippy and i was aware of my surroundings at the same time and that only lasted around 30 minutes or so

i can never sleep after doing lsd even the day after unless i take a xanax or drink alcohol, even if i had tripped all night and was sleep deprived to the point where its seriously annoying and draining. but normally i take a xanax right when the peak is over and it completely kills the trip. so i also agree that the combination is not exactly one that makes sense unless youre looking to kill a bad trip or want to go to sleep

with that said i once went into a semi-asleep/dream-like state during the peak where i’m pretty sure i was asleep however the dream was extremely trippy and i was aware of my surroundings at the same time and that only lasted around 30 minutes or so
Ditto hahaha

I often sleep about 45 minutes after dropping and wake up half hour later beginning to rage/trip/zoom

Yeah, happened to me too a couple of times on acid, right after the peek of 400ug+ trips. I've never able to pull that off on DMT though haha.

I sometimes get hit by a some paradoxical tiredness during trips, but I never really sleep, just kind of dose and think. But once I tried staying up for long and then taking a small dose of acid right before falling asleep. I woke up pretty soon, but while I slept I had several lucid and wet dreams. Felt pretty nice, but I think, mushrooms are better for that kind of stuff.

One time I took a hit of acid while I was really drunk. Me and my friends were camping up at a national monument not too far from my buddies house. I was really really drunk and I wanted to go home with my friend, so I did. Ended up falling asleep in the car and waking up on his couch with no recollection of a trip. I woke up completely fine. Vision was a little weird, but other than that I was fine!

While I think benzos absolutely put the kibosh on many aspects of a trip, i.e., visuals, headspace, depth of experience, I believe that many people underestimate how dramatic the presence of benzos can be on tripping. As I have stated before, while people like to take benzos due to anxiety induced by an intense LSD experience, they sometimes do not realize how profound the effect can be of minimizing a trip experience. As I have also said before, I think benzos should only be used once the experience is over or as an emergency rip cord. Taking them proactively, in my opinion, only lessens the experience in a negative way. I have also stated before that back in the day, we had no easy access to sedatives of any kind, and we all made it out fine. And we often took rather heroic doses, so benzos, while a good safety net, should only be used in case of emergency, as it were.