• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin Sleeping on heroin?

douxbrume

Greenlighter
I smoked heroin for the first time tonight (please do not warn me about the dangers of heroin addiction or anything like that I just have a question) I got finished about an hour and 20 minutes ago. The heroin i had must have been bunk, I haven’t nodded off or anything like that and I just feel a bit euphoric and no chronic pain + small pupils but comedown is happening right now with nausea and itchiness and I’m feeling really tired. When would I be okay to sleep? (UPDATE: TMI and I don’t know if it’s relevant but I ended up barfing and now most of the nausea is gone)

Last edited:
Yeah it wasn't bunk if you was itching and threw up, that's normal to be sick on first time taking it, only thing is you don't want to puke while asleep and choke on your own vomit, but maybe prop yourself up and sleep on your back slightly sat up, you might be tired as it's heroin, I fell asleep on my first hit, after puking up lol, oh and then I was an addict for 4 years as I loved heroin lol

Yeah it wasn't bunk if you was itching and threw up, that's normal to be sick on first time taking it, only thing is you don't want to puke while asleep and choke on your own vomit, but maybe prop yourself up and sleep on your back slightly sat up, you might be tired as it's heroin, I fell asleep on my first hit, after puking up lol, oh and then I was an addict for 4 years as I loved heroin lol
The reason I say it’s bunk was because I ended up taking the whole .2 but tbh if this is only a minor comedown it’s not worth the high but it’s different for everyone. But yea the drowsiness kicked in a little while ago but thanks for the position advice.

It's probably bashed yeah but it has heroin in it that's for sure, just weak ass bashed shite that's around these days, not took it in 19 years and wouldn't want to risk today's shite lol

Vaporizing Heroin allows for a more precise administration of the drug, as you can take a hit and know how it will affect you within just a few seconds. You can then increase your dosage in steps. This doesn't make it entirely "safe" in any way, but it does make it "safer". If you overdose on Opioids, it's not likely that you're gonna be taking inventory of your feelings and then deciding upon whether to go to sleep or not. If you do too much you will most likely just go out and not realize it. This is why it's really important to pre-plan these things as much as possible.

Vaporizing Heroin allows for a more precise administration of the drug, as you can take a hit and know how it will affect you within just a few seconds. You can then increase your dosage in steps. This doesn't make it entirely "safe" in any way, but it does make it "safer". If you overdose on Opioids, it's not likely that you're gonna be taking inventory of your feelings and then deciding upon whether to go to sleep or not. If you do too much you will most likely just go out and not realize it. This is why it's really important to pre-plan these things as much as possible.
Right, I ended up getting sick 3 times but eventually drifted off over an hour or so. I spaced out my dosages as well too, like you suggested every 15-20min and I was in comedown territory when I posted op. Thank you

Right, I ended up getting sick 3 times but eventually drifted off over an hour or so. I spaced out my dosages as well too, like you suggested every 15-20min and I was in comedown territory when I posted op. Thank you
If you overdo it, you'll get sick & it also depends what its got in it extra. I got sick the first 5 times til I figured out how much I could enjoy without nausea. The 3rd or 4th time I did it, my friend got it & we all got sick from a line. He called the guy & he finally said "I didnt want y'all hurt cause it was so strong, so I cut it." (Like he cared) He cut it with baby laxative, so our night was great. Lol You really shouldn't feel bad on comedown your 1st time. I use but not everyday. I was addicted to opiods for years so dont want that again. I did it everyday for 2 months & felt horrible, so now I space it out & no DTs. I can feel my pain more as it wears off but thats it.

If you overdo it, you'll get sick & it also depends what its got in it extra. I got sick the first 5 times til I figured out how much I could enjoy without nausea. The 3rd or 4th time I did it, my friend got it & we all got sick from a line. He called the guy & he finally said "I didnt want y'all hurt cause it was so strong, so I cut it." (Like he cared) He cut it with baby laxative, so our night was great. Lol You really shouldn't feel bad on comedown your 1st time. I use but not everyday. I was addicted to opiods for years so dont want that again. I did it everyday for 2 months & felt horrible, so now I space it out & no DTs. I can feel my pain more as it wears off but thats it.
right, in previous replies I mentioned I ended up doing all of the .2 over a span of 5 hours and ended up with a midly intense high, I was able type but my eyesight was kinda strange and I was kinda wobbly walking but I definitely wasn’t disoriented or anything, maybe it was a buildup but it was definitely bunk shit. It probably was cut a something like that. Thank you for the advice

right, in previous replies I mentioned I ended up doing all of the .2 over a span of 5 hours and ended up with a midly intense high, I was able type but my eyesight was kinda strange and I was kinda wobbly walking but I definitely wasn’t disoriented or anything, maybe it was a buildup but it was definitely bunk shit. It probably was cut a something like that. Thank you for the advice

Yea no problem. I really don't want people to think I'm condescending in any way. That's always my fear. Sometimes it is just simpler and faster to reply with some brevity. I just want you to know we really do care. Don't ever be afraid to ask any of us for help, either individually or as a group.

Yea no problem. I really don't want people to think I'm condescending in any way. That's always my fear. Sometimes it is just simpler and faster to reply with some brevity. I just want you to know we really do care. Don't ever be afraid to ask any of us for help, either individually or as a group.
Thank you I appreciate that, I didn’t find it condescending at all bc I didn’t give my experience much in this post but I still really appreciate the thought, yall are lot different than other sites, which is really nice

The problem is most “heroin” nowadays being fentanyl, it’ll be lacking in the euphoria department compared to real H. This is why folks push it to OD levels (or one reason..)

Also my first few times with opiates (assuming, unless you’ve got more experience than I realize) were not that fun. It took some “learning” to get it right, aka kept trying it like an idiot lol.

I first tried morphine and Oxycodone at 16 but didn’t like them, it wasn’t until I tried them years later that they actually got me feeling good.

Also we’re way better than other sites like Reddit ;)

-GC

I smoked heroin for the first time tonight (please do not warn me about the dangers of heroin addiction or anything like that I just have a question) I got finished about an hour and 20 minutes ago. The heroin i had must have been bunk, I haven’t nodded off or anything like that and I just feel a bit euphoric and no chronic pain + small pupils but comedown is happening right now with nausea and itchiness and I’m feeling really tired. When would I be okay to sleep? (UPDATE: TMI and I don’t know if it’s relevant but I ended up barfing and now most of the nausea is gone)
Hey.
Hope everything was okay. I remember the first time I took the B I was feeling Nauseated and wanted to vomit, I was overthinking the whole time, is it working, am I getting anything off of this. I can only
Speak for myself but I found the more I just let myself be and relaxed, the better it was.

take care.

The reason I say it’s bunk was because I ended up taking the whole .2 but tbh if this is only a minor comedown it’s not worth the high but it’s different for everyone. But yea the drowsiness kicked in a little while ago but thanks for the position advice.
Omg .2! The stuff where I live, you need over a G smoking to get anything. Good grief!!

If you haven't overdosed already, and there aren't any other drugs in your system, then the only risk from sleeping is if all the heroin hasn't entered your system. With smoking it should have fully entered your system pretty quickly.

If you aren't struggling to keep your eyes open after an hour or so of smoking heroin, I doubt there'd be any added risk from sleeping provided you aren't on other drugs.

Other drugs, particularly cocaine, can increase the risk because they can counteract some of the heroins sedating effects but wear off much faster.

Sounds like my first foray into opiates in the late nineties
I was almost totally opiate naive and even though I was warned I thought because I had a massive benzo tolerance I knew better
Long story short I railed two full temgesic tabs in one go and spent an hour with the closest euphoria to E Iv ever had with another drug
Then three hours being violently sick a la exorcist style
Weird thing was though instead of warning me off opiates I went right round to see the guy for more the next morning
To this day I wish I hadn’t but what’s done is done so I just enjoy them now

I tried a couple times but I was on morphine ERs. Was the hot clammy feeling normal or was I close to oding? I felt like I was going pass out cold and clammy. That’s about it. But not a sleepy nod like a blood sugar lows pass out?

When I first got into heroin all it did was make me very sleepy for like 24 hours...didn't really care for it too much...but then I got a girlfriend who had to do it everyday...after using everyday for awhile the effects completely changed...suddenly it gave me a completeness I had never felt before...like it filled all the voids in my existence...it became the most beautiful thing in the universe

To avoid vomit aspiration NEVER sleep on your back! Being propped up a bit doesn't make it safe.
You sleep in the recovery position, which means on your side so potential vomit will just run out of your mouth instead of down into your lungs.
It's one of the basics of first aid stuff as well. Hope it's useful info.
The danger of being on your back after doing heroin is well illustrated by Breaking Bad XD