View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Sleeping A LOT after LSD

VakiPitsi

Greenlighter
So I tried LSD for the first time yesterday. Amazing experience! The thing is that I sleep a lot since the effects wear off. I took a 100μg hit at 12:30 I felt its effects about an hour and a half later and they had almost completely wear off at 00:30-1:00.

Right after that I tried to sleep which I found extremely easy even though my neighbor was having a VERY loud party. So I fell asleep at 2am and woke up at 1pm next day and I went back to sleep at 3pm until 7pm and now I'm feeling sleepy again.

Lol so what's the deal? Am the only person who does this?

Well, you were up and wired and likely doing some activities for 12 hours. You were tired, don't sweat it. I've had days after LSD were I didn't sleep at all or I slept the entire day. It happens man

Lsd stimulates adrenaline, so it's not surprising that you'd feel physically spent afterwards

I'm always pretty tired after a good trip. When I do finally fall asleep, it's heavenly.

Sounds about normal, it can be pretty exhausting... not only when you exert physically... if you have a deep talk with someone and cry your eyes out and stuff you can be dead tired as well. Physical + emotional + thought synthesis = highly energetic being. I imagine you can train for states of being like that, but for most of us LSD unlocks experiences that are beyond our normal capabilities.

It is completely normal to sleep for up to 18 hours after a trip. I sleep like that every time I drop acid

After a heavy trip I always seem to need a couple of extra hours sleep... it's normal.

In fact, I often fall asleep during the tail end of the trip. While initially stimulating, I always start to feel tired towards the second half of the trip (which makes perfect sense given that psychedelics are serotonin agonists, and serotonin is an inhibitory neurotransmitter).

Last edited:
What you described is normal. I haven't taken LSD in over a decade but when I did unless it was on the weekend I would just stay awake since I had classes the next day.