• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants sleepiness on meth

Status
Not open for further replies.
when I shoot meth i get a massive intense rush and I feel like I'm rolling almost and very sedated with instense euphoria, after a few hours i wake up and got tons of energy for hours upon hours but at first with large doses sedate me, now I could never fall asleep on meth but do feel sedated during the initial rush and mostly after the rush for about an hour..... omfg meth is amazing, i got to stop thinking about it now lol, before i go get some for myself...

smoking tends me to make people 'dopey' on excessive doses, myself including. Try accompanying your hoots with a bump. I find snorting keeps you much more awake and 'in motion' I guess where smoking is more relaxing and euphoric. Its still near impossible for me to sleep on it unless I've been up for 4+ days then I can sleep no matter how much I'm on.

Im extremely experienced with high dose amphetamine but inexperienced with methamphetamine. I've started playing around with meth recently, and tried smoking it most recently. usually i take in a couple small hits over a period of a half hour. At first I feel sort of like adderall used to in the beginning, really clean high, awake alert energized happy etc etc. if i continue to smoke more however i start to feel really relaxed though, sort of dopey, with accompanying euphoria - to me it feels like low dose mdma with amphetamine in it,

im wondering why higher doses of meth make me sleepy? from what i hear this is unusual, and nobody i was smoking meth with got this effect, including an absolute first timer . high dose dexedrine chills me out too (i can almost fall asleep on it), but everyone always talks about how chill dex is so as far as I can tell thats fairly normal.

meth releases much more serotonin than amphetamine, could that be why meth chills me out and adderall does not.? or is it the adderall's levo that keeps me up? I'm pretty sure I don't have ADD since Adderall since it gives me this obessive compulsive type mania.

i am a little puzzled... thanks. hope this isnt too long, tweaking :p

I think the calmn-feeling on meth is caused by serotonin release. I'm really mellow on it as well

People with ADHD seem to get almost a paradoxical reaction from amphetamines/meth. Instead of bouncing off the walls with energy, etc etc. They become much more relaxed, focused, calm. I get like this, though I don't have an official diagnosis. Taking adderal/Dexedrine makes me stimulated no doubt, but I get a wave of calmness wash over me and can lay with my eyes closed and feel great. I never feel like running a marathon or cleaning for five hours.

I have never done methamp, but I imagine I would have a similar reaction as Dexedrine/adderal. When i take them I do get stimulated and focused and motivated but at the same time i have no problem relaxing. Lying in bed on a decent dose of d-amp with my eyes closed is amazing to me.

Strange I am sure.

Same here. I can fall asleep on d-amp, or d-methamp, and wake up on it too.

Racemic amphetamine salts (adderall) doesn't effect me the same way at all and I barely get any effects from it anymore so I don't take it.

d,l amp (adderall) tweaks me out
d-amp (dexedrine) chills me out

d,l meth tweaks me out
d-meth chills me out

just so you don´t feel like its too long, i just sent the longest most over the top email to my ex who i havent seen personally in two years and talked to in 1 just because i went on facebook and she noticed it and said "hi, blabla chit chat, im a bit sad" so, i just opened word and listed all the reasons why she shouldnt be sad, followed by a stupid poem and in between the lines of the poem a "brief" explanation of the metaphores (that wasnt so brief), as if that wasn´t enough i enumerated all the things that make me sad and what i do and think in order to overcome it, this was probably the equivalent of 3 or 4 word documents pages filled from top to bottom with exagerated emotional talk, now im coming down, and i realize it was too much, the worst part was that i told myself not to do it, but still i did, she probably hasnt read it yet cuz she was about to catch a flight, so yeah, dont worry about excessive typing ;)
im just patiently waiting now

That is quite odd, I've only heard of people with crazy high tolerances to their prescribed amphetamines (Dexedrine) being sleepy on high doses...I've never heard of this happening with methamphetamine, given its much longer duration than regular straight amphetamine.

I agree from personal and anecdotal evidence. I've been abusing Adderall for 3 years and I tried smoking meth 2 times within the last year...After the first 10 puffs or so, I ate and went to bed lol...That was the 2nd time I smoked it...The first time I was up over 78 hours!!! Fuck that toxic disgusting drug...

I agree from personal and anecdotal evidence. I've been abusing Adderall for 3 years and I tried smoking meth 2 times within the last year...After the first 10 puffs or so, I ate and went to bed lol...That was the 2nd time I smoked it...The first time I was up over 78 hours!!! Fuck that toxic disgusting drug...

I've observed this a few times myself. Having a crazy high tolerance to amphetamine neutralises a lot of the experience of meth - after all meth metabolyses into amphetamines which if you have tolerance to them are basically irrelevant. I have a recreational tolerance to d-amp and if I do a big speed run then take meth I'll get a sort of MDMA like high that doesn't last long and which I can frankly .. sleep through. It almost becomes a mild drug.

Take a month off amphetamines and try again. It'll make a huge difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.