• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Sleep Deprivation Cannabis withdrawal

Allan404

Greenlighter
Hey new hear I just cut to the point been smoking weed since I was around 12-13 years old daily heavy smoker until around 18 years old decided to stop the problem is is that I believe idk my brain got so used to the pot to go to sleep that my brain some how forgot how to fall asleep I'm 22 and been dealing with this insomnia for about 4 years and bad insomnia some times I go 3-4 days with zero sleep any tips experiences you think the weed somehow damaged my brain so it can't sleep normally even when I try benzodiazepines I still get light sleep I've tried practically every benzo except for a few for sleep and they only give me light to medium sleep if that makes since any help or tips or experiences would be helps thanks

it's hard to know for sure. there is no solid consensus that cannabis use at a young age while the brain is still maturing has long-term repercussions, it could just be there is some other cause you aren't aware of. a sleep clinic may be able to determine if there is a physiological reason behind the insomnia, or it may be psychological.

better off using cannabis to help you sleep than a benzo imo.

try a vape and just use once before you wont to sleep. cut all other use.

I've tried other drugs at age 16-17 did exstacy for the first time and that was only a few and shrooms and practically every drug on the menu besides acid pcp and meth but my only problem is my sleep I can't sleep without an aid like benzo or opiate I really believe that the weed change my brain so it can't sleep or something I do have a refferal to a sleep clinic hope they can figure out what's going on cuz I've been sleep deprived for the last 4 years with maybe 3-4 hours per night sometimes more if I'm lucky

Try taking melatonin or Valerian root to help you fall asleep. They are both widely available at stores with the medicines or vitamins. I'm an insomniac and these help me. Also, yes I feel that becoming heavily dependent on cannabis can affect your ability to sleep upon stopping. I've experienced it myself, although I have adjusted my use to a healthier amount and my sleep issues with have cannabis stopped.

I've tried both melatonin and valerian root they work for a couple nights and then it stops working for me I guess I just have to live with until the docs figure something out

It is easy to get into the habit of sleeping when your high or burnt out from being high.

Its more something that you become accustomed to, than dependant upon.

You can certainly break the cycle, sometimes it takes some time to adjust. Look into how you prepare for bed, and get a good routine.

From my experience if you've been using cannabis habitually eventually your body gets used to getting high but it's mainly psychological the withdrawal like extreme boredom maybe anxiety and most common insomnia etc.