• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Skipping days on Vyvanse to avoid tolerance?

fairyfeathers

Greenlighter
I've had ADD as long as I can remember - finally gave in and got diagnosed at 45 because I have felt like my life is completely out of control for several years now, and I also either have Binge Eating Disorder or my ADD causes me to binge (same result either way), so I've gained a bunch of weight. I started Vyvanse about a week ago (30mg), and have been reading a lot about it and the possibility that I will become tolerant and need a higher dose. I would like to avoid that, especially because I am afraid I will eventually max out the dosage and it will stop working, which I something I have seen other people saying happened to them.

I wondered if I can reduce the chance of tolerance by taking this every other day instead of every day? Or is a day not enough time off? Alternately, I thought about being on 3 days, off 3 days. Does anyone have experience with this and can give advice? I'm afraid to tell the doctor I don't want to take it every day, because I don't want her to think I'm not compliant or something and take me off it - Just the first few days have been mind-blowing. I actually feel like a normal person who can carry out normal household tasks and do my stuff at work without zoning out or walking away from my desk out of boredom. And I haven't even thought about binging. I'd love some input. Thanks!

I think the 3 days on 3 off would be a better plan then every other day. If you feel rapid tolerance growing stop immediately and wait at least a week. I've kept my tolerance to adderall very low over the years from taking long breaks in between use.

Thanks for the advice! How long do you take it before taking a break?

I think the 3 days on 3 off would be a better plan then every other day. If you feel rapid tolerance growing stop immediately and wait at least a week. I've kept my tolerance to adderall very low over the years from taking long breaks in between use.

I'll take it 1-2 weeks in a row then take 2 weeks to a couple months off. This has stopped me from building tolerance, although i will have a bit of a tolerance by the 2nd week of use. but it goes back to 0 after the break.