• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

skin problems after quitting meth

Tubbs

Bluelight Crew
im a 20 year old male. i smoked about 2 grams pretty much daily for 2 years was never off longer than 2 days. while i was using i never had any problems with my skin. well not my face anyway i had a tendency to burn the hell outta my arms and pick my chest but my face was always clear never too dry and never too oily. ive been clean for about 2 months not really having any trouble keeping clean but my face is oily as hell. wash it daily ive always taken good care of my skin but now nothing i do helps its either extremely oily or so dry my skin tries to flake off, usually oily. ive tried literally everything i can think of nothing helps. so im asking for some advice

Well done for getting clean!! :)

Do you wash your face with soap? If you do, I'd recommend you stop and instead just use luke warm water and a cloth to scrub the skin. That should help calm down the oil problem after about a week.

thanks its a wierd feeling. havent been clean this long since i was 14. this is easy after morphine withdrawals. and thanks for the advice ill have to try that out.

Also...this is a simple thing but it helps to open and close pores. When you first wash your face, use really hot water. This helps to open the pores to the cleaning, or even just the rinsing, as stated above. Allow the pores to breathe for a bit, then always rinse with cold water last, closing the pores. I use astringent in between, but that's just me. :)

Hey man! Congratulations for being able to conquer Methamphetamine. It's no easy feat. I'm sure that we're all happy to help you out, but have you investigated either seeing a Dermatologist or consulting some dedicated Dermatology-related sites?

Youve been overcleaning your skin and just leave it and it will get its proper oil balance back.

first off congrats! :D
second - whats your diet like? might be worth experimenting with foods to see if you can reduce some of the oils.

tbh my diets shit... im sober and i still dont really eat or sleep. i get maybe 3 hours every 2 days... longtime insomniac most meds dont work and the ones that do make me feel like hell. and i cant really smell or taste anything so eating just makes me sick.

First......Congrats on kicking your addiction!!!

Now.....So it's been 2 (maybe 3 now?) months that you have quit putting all of those nasty toxins/chemicals in your body. You're body is now starting to heal itself from all the damage that has been done to it. Alot of those toxins are being eradicated through your pores. The bigger your pores are, the more room for dirt and toxins to accumulate.

I posted this on a topic in the Healthy Living thread awhile back. I don't know how to link things or quote things on here so I just copied and pasted some of the stuff I wrote for you to read::

Most over the counter face wash has salicylic acid in it. It sucks all of the oil right out of your skin. For someone suffering from acne that sounds like exactly what you want. It's actually the worst thing for your skin and will more often than not make you break out worse. When you suck all the oil out of your skin your pores start overproducing to make up for what is gone. As silly as this sounds the best thing to wash your face with is coconut or castor oil. Just a very little bit to lightly cover your face. It's a fact that oil dissolves oil. What you are essentially doing is using the good oil (coconut/castor) to push the bad/dirty oil (sebum), dirt, and toxins from your pores. The good oil keeps your pores from over producing while pushing out all the crud. I personally use coconut oil and have never tried castor oil. People have reported that for about a week after they started using coconut or castor oil to clean their face that their acne got worse before it started getting better. The people who did the studies called this an "adjustment period" and its actually your body purging the pores of all the impurities and garbage deep in your pores. Make sure coconut oil is unrefined and bought from the vitamin isle or beauty isle and not from a cooking or baking isle. The coconut oil used in cooking is not good for your skin.

Instant caffeinated coffee made into a paste and rubbed on your face will stimulate your pores to shrink leaving less room for dirt to get in there. Caffeine as we all know is a stimulant.....who knew it could work as one for you on the outside of your body? I do it in the shower because it's kind of messy. I rub the paste into my skin and let it sit for a minute or 2 before I rinse it off. I put this on over top of the coconut oil so it helps shrink the pores around the nice healthy clean oil I just applied.

Raw Organic Honey is an amazing product to have on hand for just about everything, but for your face it has natural anti-microbial and anti-fungal properties. It contains enzymes and probiotics that are excellent for your skin. It's extremely gentle on your skin and it helps stimulate new cell growth so it is really good to use if you have acne scars, it's also improves your skins elasticity that drug use/abuse ruins. It reduces inflammation drastically. After washing off the oil/coffee I rub on a generous amount of honey (being careful of the eye area....it burns like hell if you get it in your eyes) and leave it on until I am completely done with my shower. I haven't had a break out in about 7 years. The last random small pimple I had was months ago. I have spot treated blind pimples by dabbing raw honey on it before I go to bed, and by morning they are gone or just about gone. I haven't had a blind pimple in years also.

I know it seems like
a lot to go through just to wash your face. Not going to lie, It's kind of a pain in the ass for a little bit until it just becomes second nature. I was lucky, I went through my teens and 20's with a beautiful complexion. I hit 30 and started breaking out horribly on my temples and cheeks. I started with using the coffee and coconut oil every other day to every 2 days and using the raw, organic honey every day. Over the years I started getting lazy and am now down to using the coffee and coconut oil once a week (sometimes I go 2 weeks) but still using the honey everyday. Still no major break outs, and just a random small pimple here and there.

Best thing I have found to use for dry skin on your face is aloe straight off the plant. It's lightweight and isn't laden with chemicals that can cause your skin to actually dry out more, or buildup and block your pores.

Hope this helps some. Good luck in finding something that works.

bruh I get hives when I withdrawal. Hives and a acute peanut allergy only happen EVER when I'm withdrawaling from meth. I think it has something to do with our weakened immune functioning, you're not alone

Yeah I've got it figured out now. I had an infection in my hand for like 3 months when I was using though. Antibiotics and everything.