• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Six percent of CSU students abuse prescription drugs like Adderall ...

neversickanymore

Moderator: DS
Staff member
Six percent of CSU students abuse prescription drugs like Adderall ...

http://www.collegian.com/2014/04/si...escription-drugs-like-adderall-ritalin/73734/

......................................................................................................................................................................................................

Id like to know where they get these stats. I used to see this drug dealt openly in the library of this school every night. ( not ripping on the school at it fantastic in my opinion!!) given what I saw I cant belive that only six percent of the people used this for studying. I would say that over six percent are prescribed it, quite a few people use it regularly, and a whole buch use it come finals. Im not looking to spark and price discussion here but during normal parts of the semester the price for one was pretty normal, 4-5 a pill but around finals time it would spike all the way up to 25-30 dollars a pill. Such a spike in price tells me that demand was allot higher than 6% of people using this to aid study.

Really with how cut throat the job markets are and how college throws such a heavy work load at people during times in the semester im not surprised by this at all. I was kinda shocked when how the attitude and behavior of college students changed from the nineties, through the early part of the century and I can only imagine where it is now. Just another serious part of the damn rat race.. students would cheat, fuck each other over, refuse to help each other, hide resources in the library.. basically whatever allot of them could do to get ahead in the race.

All for what to get a fucking decent job working for the slaving corporations.. fuck the rat race.. glad Im pretty sure I found a exit out.

It may be that I have never had a problem with this drug but I really think this one should be legal for people to by certain amounts each month. Yeah I think at least recreational scripts should be allowed for allot of different drugs.

Last edited:
Neversickanymore, I think you are correct.

Colorado is highest in cocaine consumption, per capita I believe. It would only make sense that they like other uppers as well.

Colorado is highest in cocaine consumption, per capita I believe. It would only make sense that they like other uppers as well.

the near universal social acceptance of cocaine use in ft collins was surprising to me. i've lived around the world/US, and have never before experienced the level of casual, out-in-the-open cocaine use as i have in colorado. i know i'm drifting from the original point, but this state as a whole has a very unique vibe.

i have yet to read the article, but am not at all surprised by this.

It is a must at university. They should have vending machines for that shit. The ADHD tests are such a joke.

the near universal social acceptance of cocaine use in ft collins was surprising to me. i've lived around the world/US, and have never before experienced the level of casual, out-in-the-open cocaine use as i have in colorado. i know i'm drifting from the original point, but this state as a whole has a very unique vibe.

i have yet to read the article, but am not at all surprised by this.

We probably know each other.. lol. Good old Snort Collins.. damn good cheap blow. I would also like to say that Fort Collins is one of the best places I have lived and has a really low crime rate to the point I we could walk at night or at any time with no fear. There were almost no murders.. think there was like two in five years or something. is consistently rated as one of the top town to live in in the nation. It also consumes high amounts of drugs... whats wrong with this picture then since that this town has been raging since the seventies? .. Oh maybe drugs dont automatically come with huge problems????

Last edited:
I literally see no one slanging addys or dexys at my uni.
I wish they did I could fucking use them right now and there's no way I'm buying street meth to help me study :/

We probably know each other..
heh...i wouldn't be surprised. and i am 100% on your second point; as a fairly regular user myself, in my opinion, the pricing and quality (especially in somewhat larger amounts) is generally superior to denver's. i think it comes with the territory...ft collins really is a nice, well-maintained community. the average resident is likely better off than the average denver resident, and the range of incomes in ft collins is obviously going to be smaller. with money comes an expectance of a quality product (i'm just spit-balling there, but it makes sense eh).

is consistently rated as one of the top town to live in in the nation. It also consumes high amounts of drugs... whats wrong with this picture then since that this town has been raging since the seventies? .. Oh maybe drugs dont automatically come with huge problems????
you know, i never really thought about that! there's kind of this undercurrent of MYOB that everyone just rolls with :) passing through, you would never have a clue how hard that city gets down...shit, just taking into account friday and saturday nights and the bar scene, old town is redonkulous.

by the way, i have to say i've been a long-time lurker...like YEARS. anyway, i fucking love this community and am glad to finally be an active participant. thonx all ;)

How is this a surprise to anyone? When I was in HS and attending a university even people who were not regularly into drugs would get Dexedrine or Adderall from people who were legitimately prescribed it for their ADD/ADHD and take it for exams, projects, or just to get high.

Last edited: