• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Sirius/XM Comedy

China Rider

Bluelighter
any fans of any shows on sirius/xm?

me?

i'm an everyday listener of bennington (m-f raw dog 12pm-3pm est)
listen to about 75% of jim and sam (m-f opie radio 8am-11am est)
about 50% of opie (m-thurs 3pm-6pm est)
and 100% of the bon fire with big jay oakerson and dan soder (comedy central radio mon/wed 6-8pm est)

bennington is my main shit, ron bennington is the funniest person in show business hands down. if you appreciate inappropriate humor i highly suggest you check out ronnie's show he does with his daughter...so good)
most of his guests are stand up comics(although the show is funniest during the time there isn't a guest...some shows have no guests, most have 1 that comes on in the final hour), the show is self labeled as the sportscenter for stand up comedy but they pretty much cover all things are going on in the world, but mostly focus of performance arts

the bonfire is also very inappropriate, big jay and soder are two on NYC's premier younger stand ups and the riffs they get into are hysterical. it's the most not safe for kids radio show out there

jim norton is funny as shit and has been a powerful voice in the comedy community for over 15 years but hasn't quite found his stride ever since opie and anthony folded few years ago, opie and jim was pretty decent awhile it lasted despite how much they hated each other, but the new jim and sam show is still finding it's legs. sam roberts isn't entertaining, or smart, or much of value unless you're into pro wrestling

anyone hear what i'm listening to?
i dunno my bros and hos, if you have the sirius xm app check out bennington and the bon fire on demand and try telling me they aren't funnier than anything you'll find in TV, movies or on a stage

you don't even need an app or a subscription the 4 shows i've been ranting about are posted on youtube usually by the end of the day at this channell https://www.youtube.com/user/StrayFromTheMorale?&ab_channel=NotLoganHighestPrimate

the videos that are just labeled with the date with a picture of dude's face in pitch dark is bennington

i listen to these shows the same way anyone would watch a movie...i don't just listen in my car or whatever, i get lost in these shows and become a fly on the wall, i can lay down and listen from start to finish (approx 2 hours 25 mins when on demand without commercials) and smile the entire ride, than again i'm a lonely dude with pretty legit depression, surely it factors into why i'm so attached to this shit

if you're curious about bennington just check out a twitter page dedicated just to his quotes from the show at www.twitter.com/ronnieBquotes

some of my contributions:
If I worked for Schindler I would ask him are you really sure about this guy?
Chris asked how I feel and I just said I know like an AIDS victim - one of these colds is going to kill me
Everytime I see a man in a bow tie I say hey I think it's great that you guys can get married now.
Chris: I'm a piece of shit.
Ron: Why stop at just a piece?

i didn't say any of those things just quotes from ronnie B, maybe not hilarious just reading them(except for the bow tie, that one is awesome) but the guy knows how to deliver a comedic voice

Last edited: