• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Simple Kratom Detox

nikk51

Greenlighter
Hi everyone - this is my first post but I'm a long time lurker, apologies if I'm posting in the wrong area.

I've quit Kratom 3 times and thought I'd share my experiences , each time from daily use of around four teaspoonfuls of Kratom throughout the day (sorry I never weight it) for around four months. Second time I quit it was heavier use - every 4 hours or so - waking in the night and having to redose - so that time I quit cold turkey and it was harsh.

Anyway I love Kratom - it makes me more productive at work and home, more sociable - reading, watching films etc are all much more pleasant. I read a lot of history and I can get through large complex books much more quickly and seem to digest and understand the information much easier. I work and have a fairly well paying job, so buying Kratom is not a proble, for me. Sometimes I think sod it I'll take it forever as the benefits outweigh the downside - I'm more productive at work and home, how different is it from a coffee addiction?

But each time even when I try to not get to daily dosing, I do - something inside me becomes detested at the fact that I'm addicted to this plant and 'need' it - I'm not sure but after about 3 months in the self loathing starts. So I've come up with a fairly straightforward plan to withdraw that gets you over the worst pain in about 3 days it's worked well for ,me ( apart from getting back on K again!).

this probably will only be applicable to people in the UK and Europe as you need nurofen plus which has codeine and is OTC here.

You can do this over a weekend starting on Friday - so you should be ok for work on Monday. Make sure you are not using any type of enhanced leaf or extract if you are prior to this you will need to switch to the normal leaf and reduce your daily use wheree you are ready to start to taper to quit.

you will need :

1 box of nurofen plus or similar product containing codeine
2 gabapentin - this is prescription only so you will need to see a doctor for it. It is for severe chronic pain, nerve pain and migraine headaches. It shouldn't be too hard to obtain - Google is your friend here. I use 2 x 100mg - this is a very low dose- people do take much higher but it works for me
3 inositol - buy in bulk the powdered form, you can get it online
4 magnesium citrate

1. Taper to the point where you are using the lowest amount of K daily that makes any withdrawel symptoms manageable - for me this is about one flat teaspoon every 12 hours. Take your last dose on Friday morning - this should get you through most of your working day.

2. Weight as long as possible for the withdrawals to set in, once they become too uncomfortable take two nurofen plus and two gabapentin

3 this should get you through the night into Saturday and Sunday where you should continue to take the n+ plus and gabapentin every four hours.

4. Each morning you should take 18grams of inositol mixed with water or milk - it can give you bad diarhea at this dose so you can split the dose morning and evening to avoid this. Inositol will help with the depression and anxiety- I also take high doses of magnesium citrate which helps calm the nervousness system and with RLS.

this should get you through the worst of first 48 hours - come Monday morning you won't feel great, but I feel OK to work and just tell people I have a bad cold. Stop the n+ plus at this point as you do t want a codeine addiction! I sometimes continue the gabapentin for a few days especially at nigh. Inositol should be taken daily for at least a month - I take it daily and have some for six months, it pretty good for Any paws related depression.

after the first week - one thing I like is a return of my libido, so take advantage of this in whatever way you can. Also join a gym or take up a regular daily exercise routine, hard swimming, cycling running or weight training helps the first month or so being clean.

this is by no means a miracle cure but it helps with the worst of the withdrawals and helps you function in a fairly normalish way.