• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

Simons reagent goes violet/light purple....

Mr Pillington

Bluelighter
not cobalt blue....any idea what that means.
Marquis and Mecke both show MD** so just wondering if I havent put enough powder on the plate for the test or what....ideas anyone? Cheers.

Personally, having gotten this reaction sequence, I would send the pill into DDL for testing, but I'd figure it most likely to be MDxA from the other reagents. Perhaps the pill is adulterated with an unusual substance - for instance, the NIJ color chart lists a purple Simon's reaction with Methylphenidate (Ritalin). This reaction combined with MDMA's blue color would produce what you describe.

You can find it somewhere here (in the FAQ's archive I believe) or at DS, where it is a sticky post at the top of the pilltesting forum.

This brings up a question I have, any of you guys have some other reactions to report from Simon's? I've only seen the blue reaction in person, and I think this is the first question I've seen about an atypical Simon's reaction.

^ I may have suggested that. It really is only likely to have been the pill dye if there was too much scraping used, no idea how much got used. But dude, hell yes on testing all those Utah pills AND sending one to Edata. You're making yourself a very valuable asset to all of us in doing so! The pill with the odd reaction, I have only ever tried once, and it was the day after I OD'ed on xanax that I tried it...so of course all I did was pass out all night, I couldn't give an accurate assessment of that pills effects. Every so often people find a "rogue" pill in a mostly clean bag of pills the same color and same stamp.

^ I may have suggested that. It really is only likely to have been the pill dye if there was too much scraping used, no idea how much got used. But dude, hell yes on testing all those Utah pills AND sending one to Edata. You're making yourself a very valuable asset to all of us in doing so! The pill with the odd reaction, I have only ever tried once, and it was the day after I OD'ed on xanax that I tried it...so of course all I did was pass out all night, I couldn't give an accurate assessment of that pills effects. Every so often people find a "rogue" pill in a mostly clean bag of pills the same color and same stamp.

lol @ "rogue" pill.. love the terminology! =D

Curious about this as well, I ran into similar results a while ago, everything checked out except when it went on simon it went super pink like a highlighter color right away. No delay. I went further and tested what look like a different consistency in the cap and one went blue the bigger crystal and the other powdery stuff went super pink. So there is clearly something else in this but i cant find any info online. What could possibly cause a reaction like this on simon?